Foxes, Foxes Everywhere

filzee

I don't know if this is old news i'm new to the site and just wondered if anyone else had heard the same.

I was talking to a game keeper on a local pheasant shoot he said a few weeks ago while driving up one of their tracks he stumbled across an RSPCA van, after inquiring into what the driver had just released was told they had just "re homed" 30 foxes.

He was obviously a bit miffed to say the least so went home and rang the guns from the shoot and organised for the lads to go out the next day after some charlies.
At the end of the day they had bagged 33.

Would like to know if anyone else had heard of such things.

Its happened around here a few years back a farmer saw a van load released back to the wild, they didnt last long. :-|

Once mopped 9 up on two consecutive nights we then left a note on the gate where they'd been seen parked to drop em off asking if we could have some more as we'd done the ones previously delivered.Never got none mind.

correct me if I am wrong but it is illegal to release foxes from captivity.
How the hell did they get away with that without someone calling the police!?

BASC/CLA/NGO press release field day!!

Dumping foxes is a Known fact here on anglesey im afraid.I know of a few who have shot foxes with castration marks and fur shaved.

fox release is ok but you need land owner permission. So for future releases of urban or rehabilitated fox, can such charitable organisations as the RSPCA please contact me and I can arrange for foxes to be rehomed on a 1000 acre hill farm with woodland cover near Eskdalemuir where they can be properly looked after.

i think its a good idea that the rspca are helping to keep everyone in sport ,i will share them with you paul it would be nice if they could arange a time for drop off so i can welcome them into their new home

i think its a good idea that the rspca are helping to keep everyone in sport ,i will share them with you paul it would be nice if they could arange a time for drop off so i can welcome them into their new home

A farmer I know of managed to 'welcome' one within 200m of the RSPCA van :eek:

fox release is ok but you need land owner permission. So for future releases of urban or rehabilitated fox, can such charitable organisations as the RSPCA please contact me and I can arrange for foxes to be rehomed on a 1000 acre hill farm with woodland cover near Eskdalemuir where they can be properly looked after.

LoL .......:rofl:

Some years ago, an acquaintance who lives in a fairly rural area and keeps a baited area at the bottom of his smallholding, shot 32 foxes in the space of an hour. There were so many he had to return to his house for more ammo at one stage.
His wife later told him that she had seen a white van in a layby on the small road that runs alongside the field.
On another occasion the Head Stalker on a well-known West Country estate stopped to talk to the driver of a white van parked in a layby on the estate. The driver told him that the back was full of foxes and he was going to release them there. My Stalker friend, never one to suffer fools gladly, informed the driver that he would shoot all the foxes and then him. The driver made a rapid exit. The van was tailed for some 20 miles, well out of the area and reported to the police. As you might expect , nothing further was heard.
It is illegal to release an animal which has been taken into captivity for any reason. That no-one has ever been prosecuted is an indication of how much influence the "animal rights" nutters have.
Peter

I'm seeing the RSPCA in a different light. Never thought their re-homing policy could be such good news. Anyone have a phone number to get a delivery :D They could model this new service on Dial a Pizza. :idea:

Back