Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.A.C.S. transfers

B.A.C.S. transfers

Some bankers must be really desperate!, I'm waiting on a b.a.c.s. transfer from an SD member, totalling 27.50........................ wouldn't think they'd put such a small amount out on the overnight money markets would you?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I think BACS is always a 2-3 day deal. They charge something like 20 for a same/next day transfers. One of the down-sides of free current account services I suppose

Most of my payments are transfered within an hour or occasionally the following day.atb Tim

Use BACS often. It is normally almost instant!

I often wonder why one transfer is instant and the next takes 3 working days? Cheques need 3 working days yet pay a Halifax cheque into the Halifax and they instantly credit your account!

Quote Originally Posted by nabbers View Post
    I often wonder why one transfer is instant and the next takes 3 working days? Cheques need 3 working days yet pay a Halifax cheque into the Halifax and they instantly credit your account!
    Because its in-house and they monnies can be checked and removed from one account to another, halifax can't check availability of funds in a nat west account so it takes a few days.

Should have gone with SACS...
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

We are wayyyy past three days!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

A BACS is an electronic cheque in essence, three days is the norm and should not cost anything, a CHAPS is same day and will probably cost.

Most banks accounts can make payments via "fast pay" now. Almost instant / upto 2 hours. It is free and just actioned via internet banking.

No need for BACS or CHAPS for personal payments now.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?