Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!!! The fight's all over now, lads !!!!!

!!!!! The fight's all over now, lads !!!!!

As many of you already know I recently put a thread on here introducing myself and asking you all to have a look at my site as I'm now trying to market my taxidermy more strenuously. I'm getting on a bit now and recognise that a day may come when I might have to give up being an estate stalker and earn my living in a more sedentary way.

The thread and my site so far has had over 2250, views which is very encouraging, and some of you posted lovely remarks and wished me well in all this. Thanks very much for that.

But those of you who viewed the thread will also have noticed that one or two unnecessary comments got posted and then some guys jumped to my defence on the thread and it all ended up becoming a bit of a scrap with posts that were less than pleasant bouncing back and forth.

That wasn't what I wanted nor expected, although I’d been warned that there are some members on here who delight in posting inflammatory stuff. Maybe I'm a bit naive but I just don't understand the point of any of it. And while I'm at it thanks also to all those of you who, not wanting to become embroiled in the controversy on the public forum, took the time and trouble to phone or e-mail me personally by way of support in all this.

The end result was that Admin kindly contacted me expressing the view that they thought the unpleasant posts were detracting from the original purpose of my thread and offering to delete them all for me. I agreed and they've done just that and moved the whole thing now to appear under 'Taxidermy and Trophy Preparation' and all the angst has been completely defused.

So you won't be able to follow the developing tear-up anymore, interesting as it may have been ! And you now know where to find me on here.

Please keep looking at my website and, assuming you think the work’s OK, pass the details on to anyone you know who you think may also be interested.

Will
    Last edited by Will Gallant; 28-04-2012 at 13:36.
    Will Gallant
    Wildform Taxidermy

Will,

Sorry but I don't think read the fight. However may I wish you well with your new venture and will keep it in mind should I eve get around to having some heads done.

good luck with your future venture. i have started as a trade member to test the water for my wifes art work .pretty sure it wont be to everyones taste but like you say no need for hurtful comments and it would be nice to get away from the type of posts that have been common just lately .the SD is a great place to showcase your work and again good luck norma

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Will,

Sorry but I don't think read the fight. However may I wish you well with your new venture and will keep it in mind should I eve get around to having some heads done.
    Same here. I can't imagine how your post could have caused a spat anyway, but reading your post above in it's measured and proportionate tone I too wish you well in your venture, I think taxidermy is a growing industry again and we need more like you.
    All the best.
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Will,

Hey Kev, one too many G&T's?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Gallant View Post
    As many of you already know I recently put a thread on here introducing myself and asking you all to have a look at my site as I'm now trying to market my taxidermy more strenuously. I'm getting on a bit now and recognise that a day may come when I might have to give up being an estate stalker and earn my living in a more sedentary way.

The thread and my site so far has had over 2250, views which is very encouraging, and some of you posted lovely remarks and wished me well in all this. Thanks very much for that.

But those of you who viewed the thread will also have noticed that one or two unnecessary comments got posted and then some guys jumped to my defence on the thread and it all ended up becoming a bit of a scrap with posts that were less than pleasant bouncing back and forth.

That wasn't what I wanted nor expected, although Id been warned that there are some members on here who delight in posting inflammatory stuff. Maybe I'm a bit naive but I just don't understand the point of any of it. And while I'm at it thanks also to all those of you who, not wanting to become embroiled in the controversy on the public forum, took the time and trouble to phone or e-mail me personally by way of support in all this.

The end result was that Admin kindly contacted me expressing the view that they thought the unpleasant posts were detracting from the original purpose of my thread and offering to delete them all for me. I agreed and they've done just that and moved the whole thing now to appear under 'Taxidermy and Trophy Preparation' and all the angst has been completely defused.

So you won't be able to follow the developing tear-up anymore, interesting as it may have been ! And you now know where to find me on here.

Please keep looking at my website and, assuming you think the works OK, pass the details on to anyone you know who you think may also be interested.

Will

Morning Will,

I will add my penny worth as I had not realised that you had a few uncalled for remarks. I speak as a trained museum taxidermist of over 30 years experience.

Taxidermy work is often down to a persons personal choice of how they see the subject mounted and displayed, and not everyone will agree, thats for sure. However from what I have seen of your work from the pictures posted I would say that your standard of work seems to be in the higher catergory and I am sure will please your customers.

Like everything in life you cant please all of the people all of the time, but somehow we do seem to have the odd person on the SD site that instead of making constructive critisism seems to delight in making nasty remarks, which of course is easily done behind a computer.

Hope your business goes from strength to strength.

Best wishes

Sikamalc

A nice post Will, all the best to you.

Good luck Will. There are keyboard warriors on every forum , regardless of the subject.

Atb,
    Nelson.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Good luck Will. There are keyboard warriors on every forum , regardless of the subject.

Atb,
    Nelson.
    +1 on that one,

let him without shame cast the first stone.(as they say)

all the best will.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Hey Kev, one too many G&T's?
    Joe you lost me I'm afraid........

I do have a couple of heads in the freezer that need doing at some point.