Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sako 75 action 1 stock for 223.

sako 75 action 1 stock for 223.

as above guys looking for a stock to fit a sako 75 action one. its for a 223. would prefer a laminated one but willing to take a standard walnut one or plastic stock. what have you got ?

no one got one for sale or know where one is ?

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    no one got one for sale or know where one is ?
    there was an after market one for sale on varmint uk

Hi mark cheers for the heads up but its just one of the standard sako ones im after.
    Not looking to spend to much on one thats why its got to be a standard one.

Its for a friend who has a sako 75 in 223 justsitting there in need of a stock for it so he can then sell it.
    Last edited by jay 22; 27-04-2012 at 21:01.

I am looking for a 75 action, unfortunately the .223 is too short for me, I need a standard short action, 308 size...when I find a suitable donor rifle I will have the stock leftover...I'll let you know.. If you find a stainless 75 short action for sale let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I am looking for a 75 action, unfortunately the .223 is too short for me, I need a standard short action, 308 size...when I find a suitable donor rifle I will have the stock leftover...I'll let you know.. If you find a stainless 75 short action for sale let me know...
    Yes you need the action 111 in which case the stock wouldn't fit the 223 I need it for. Have you seen the stainless sako 308 action in sales

Sorry, yes I wondered if the inletting would be the same... I have seen the 308 but its a bit deer for me, nice rifle that, not done much work, might be a shame to break it up. Tempting though.. Any ideas what the barrel would make if I sold it on?...

How much does he want for the gun without the stock. I'm after a project 223

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    Sorry, yes I wondered if the inletting would be the same... I have seen the 308 but its a bit deer for me, nice rifle that, not done much work, might be a shame to break it up. Tempting though.. Any ideas what the barrel would make if I sold it on?...
    Not alot really mate. You dont see many cheap sako 75 actions come up for sale. And the stainless hold value even more as everyone likes the bling of stainless. There also much easier to make them look like new again with bead or vapour blasting. Where a blued action needs blasting then reblacking. All adds to the build price.

Quote Originally Posted by bri2506 View Post
    How much does he want for the gun without the stock. I'm after a project 223
    I dont know mate I will ask as im over at his workshop next week getting some bits and pieces done on my rifle.

SAKO RIFLE STOCK M78 .22 Hornet | eBay
    Don't know about the in letting even if it can be reworked? Sako action on Gunstar. Jim