Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mighty Deer Stalker, anybody else doing it?

The Mighty Deer Stalker, anybody else doing it?

I am doing The Mighty Deer Stalker 10km race/obstacle course on the 21st of March, is anybody else doing it? Just got to sort out my tweed deerstalker for it.

Here is link for anybody who fancies doing a race with a stalking connection.

http://www.themightydeerstalker.com/

Best rgds

Tahr

Done it the last two years but decided to give it a rest this year. Great atmosphere on the day.

Enjoy.

Dave

Davie
    No mate but i do have a spare deerstalker hat if you cant find your.

Kevin,

I expect to see the photo's of both before and after .

Good luck with it.

John

Looks fun but a bit far to travel for me. Good luck to all running it

Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by Ballibeg
    Done it the last two years but decided to give it a rest this year. Great atmosphere on the day.

Enjoy.

Dave
    Hi Dave

Any advice for when doing it

Best rgds

Tahr

The distances are more than you expect! The 5km route is nearer 6.5km. One of the first obstacles is a pond, which you go through the middle of, in fact water figures a lot in the course, so make sure whatever you're running in is OK soaked... chaffing's not good! I ran with a light weight running jacket which helped a lot as some of the weirder obstacles can have queues of runners at them so you are forced to stop and with out I'd have got very cold!

The venue itself has a few things going on, but don't bank on it to amuse a young family and it all costs money! If you are camping then the area is small and noisy. The field is on a hill so a 4x4 could be useful in bad weather, loads of folk get stuck trying to leave. On the food side Pete's Eat mobile cafe is normally there and very good. The hog roast outside the bar is a rip off!

I enjoyed it but the second time was very samey course wise and I had some grief from inappropriately behaved toffs from Edinburgh University (foul language and drunk).

I've a pdf of the routes last year if you pm me your email I'll forward.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ballibeg
    The distances are more than you expect! The 5km route is nearer 6.5km. One of the first obstacles is a pond, which you go through the middle of, in fact water figures a lot in the course, so make sure whatever you're running in is OK soaked... chaffing's not good! I ran with a light weight running jacket which helped a lot as some of the weirder obstacles can have queues of runners at them so you are forced to stop and with out I'd have got very cold!

I've a pdf of the routes last year if you pm me your email I'll forward.

Dave
    The advice on the clothing is a big help, I am doing the 10k. I was wondering what to wear as normally I would just run in a tee shirt and shorts, but with the water crossing and waiting to get across obstacles ect will sap your body heat, so on your advice I think I will wear a extra layer.

I live a 1 hour away so I won’t be camping but looks like I will take the 4X4 to get out of the place.

I will PM you for a map if that is OK

Best rgds

Tahr

Brave souls!

Good luck guys

It looks like fun but too far to travel, too far to run and too cold for me!

Daemon

Davie
    Kevin for Christ sake don't ware them tight white pants or Jon will need to make this an over 18 s Site good luck i am sure 10 k will be a piece of piss