Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer shooting

Davie

Deer shooting

southeast@thedeerinitiative.co.uk

This is the email address if any one is interested from the south east they are short of deer stalkers to carry out there culls. This is not a stalking opportunity but you will be placed in a high seat and deer will be moved on to you. No moneys as this is charitable.
    you MUST BE AVILABLE ON THERE DATES.

Hi Davie
    This is the reply i got back from them

Thanks for your e-mail but Iím afraid that the ďadviceĒ given on this subject is make-believe. We operate no such scheme. Sorry that you have been misinformed.

Jamie Cordery
    South East Deer Liaison Officer

No suprise there then ehh unless of course its your ground there after culling.

Davie
    I am so sorry mate this was info from an article written in the shooting times by one of Britain's most respected writers on field sports issues.
    If there is no such places i can only conclude that propaganda is trying to make out that the armature stalks don't want the job of deer management in the most populated areas.
    That of coarse is not true as i have had a few pm,s on the subject.

Davie,
    If that was published in the Shooting Times then I think a letter to the publisher would be in order.
    Also it would be interesting to know what the response was from Amateur Stalkers, the ones only too willing to do the job but don't get the opportunity because of the 'closed shop' syndrome by the 'Professionals'.
    That is the sort of thing I thought the DI was set up for in the first place and would make sense if it operated in that way.

Davie
    GRAHAM DOWNING ON 01986 873688 01986 872192

this WAS THE CHAP THAT WAS OUT WITH THEM ANS WHO WROTE THE ARTICULE .It might be an idea to phone him he will know the proper contacts.If he cant help it might be then time to give him a piece of you mind but for Christ sake don't let them get away with writing complete crap just for there own ends. The article is in the Feb issue it has the head of a brown cock er spaniel on the front cover.I cant find it to scan in but will try my best.

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    I read the same article in Shooting Times, and I quote "they could not find enough stalkers to fill the highseats"

This is typical of the crap thats gets fed to us by the DI, it helps them justify thier mission which is to have ALL stalking in England under thier control, and when they do, say ta ta to recreational stalkers.

Like I said no suprise there then ehh!!

Sorry anyone sniffing around any ground I have from the DI will get short thrift from me.

DI shortage of Stalkers!!!

I read the article and the quote is as follows.
    "It is hard enough transporting and setting up high seats and getting the stalkers to fill them without an evening session being ruined by walkers and unruly dogs wandering through the woods"
    I did not see an invitation put out asking for volunteer stalkers but I'm sure if there had been, not only would he get the stalkers the stalkers would even volunteer to erect the high seats themselves, thus making the job he found difficult, a lot easier all round.

Davie
    Deerstalkers have worked hard over the past Ten years and have put them selves through test after test trying to keep up with every new twist in the ever increasing tasks given to deerstalkers to carry out there sport.
    I am sure that the like of Mr Downing and the rest of the certificate hungry quangos DCS DI were hoping that most deerstalkers would have given up by now. Instead we have unwillingly took the tests and are now qualified to take up the challenges that this Massive deer population will bring to us.
    So what now we have the di shutting shop you need to have a 3inch nob to get in and it needs to have special tattoo on it .The DCS want to register every one as fit and proper you need to have the slap on the back from them even if you have done everything asked. So now we stalkers like Ben P off here writing articles that are really full of absolute crap so he can get in with the DCS i know he was out of work but why try and **** on you fellow stalker by trying to ask for even more tests.
    We then have Graham Downing writing that they cant get stalkers to put in the high seats. Now we know this is a fecking downing right lie we have 1000,s of stalker just waiting for an opportunity to stalk deer cheaply and most are paying 1000,s up on thousands a year to stalk deer.
    SO WE MUST TAKE FROM ALL THESE BAD ARTICULES THAT WE ARE TRYING TO BE DISCREDITEDED.
    DONT LET IT HAPPEN MAKE SURE YOU PUT OUR POINT ACROSS. PHONE HIM PHONE THE SHOOTING TIMES AND TELL BEN P HES A FECKING DICK ANY TIME THEY TRY TO SAY WE ARE NOT AVAILABLE.

T