Browning x bolt flutes

billybobshoot

Call me thick, but how does an over the barrel moderator cope with the x bolt (or any other fluted barrel rifle)
fluted barrel. I'm talking about the back bush.

Call me thick, but how does an over the barrel moderator cope with the x bolt (or any other fluted barrel rifle)

Is there not a theaded attchment that centers the mod dependinmg on the barrel thickness, i'm sure the t8 i have has a insert that can be changed.
but correct me if i'm wrong!!!

I have seen an overbarrel mod on an x-bolt fluted barrel. Unfortunately i didn't look to see how the back bush/fluted barrel junction was made - but the rifle/mod combination worked fine.

Hi Billybobshoot,
I have a Sauer 202 Outback which has a fluted barrel and a T8 moderator fitted. Redlab is correct, it's just a threaded bush that centers the mod on the barrel - it doesn't form part of the gas seal.
Willie

I should'nt even touch the barrel, as stated it is just a guide/protection when the mod is placed over the barrel and screwed on.

ur not thick mate many people have asked that question the back part is just a dump chamber for sound
theres no blowback and the bush just helps center an stabalise the mod

Back