Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod covers

Mod covers

Just dried out my Garland neoprene cover and it's finally give up the ghost split. I wasn't that impressed any of you guys got a recommendations.

Hi Stayer, Find someone who has horses and get a roll of Vet wrap bandage bloody brilliant stuff and when its worn out just rip it off and wrap some more round the mod.
    Tusker.

i didnt like the covers so ended up using some model shop enamel paint and lacquer use a matte paint. i also thaught about doing a plastic coat on mine as i used to make fishing weights and i use a really fine plastic granual to dip the warm weight into it gave an exellent coat it comes in all colours ,atb wayne ps if i was to re do my mod it would be just black and green

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I've used a length of pushbike inner tube a couple of times. They come in various diameters to make a good fit.
    Get one that slides over your mod easily & in a few days you'll find it shrinks like magic to be a tight fit.
    It makes a good, very cheap cover (about 0.50p) that takes the shine off, isn't too bulky & stops that annoying "ting" sound that you get off twigs etc.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Hi Stayer, Find someone who has horses and get a roll of Vet wrap bandage bloody brilliant stuff and when its worn out just rip it off and wrap some more round the mod.
    Tusker.
    Carl, just make sure you don't get the bright pink bandage...!

Send the mod to me and ill ceramic coat it, works perfectly, wont rust, is solvent resistant, doesnt chip and withstands more heat than a mod can generate!

Cost is 25 plus post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Havoc View Post
    Carl, just make sure you don't get the bright pink bandage...!
    I don't know, pink might be quite becoming it might attract lady deer or male deer that think they are ladies. Lol

I like pink....in touch with my feminine side
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    i didnt like the covers so ended up using some model shop enamel paint and lacquer use a matte paint. i also thaught about doing a plastic coat on mine as i used to make fishing weights and i use a really fine plastic granual to dip the warm weight into it gave an exellent coat it comes in all colours ,atb wayne ps if i was to re do my mod it would be just black and green
    Wayne

Your talents never stop amazing me. Does the paint job stop the tinny sound of branches?

no the paint doesnt but a laggy band near the top does ,atb wayne.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports