Thread: Lazer range finder

Lazer range finder

Hi

I have a "Bushnel pin finder" lazer range finder.. I have draged it with me hunting in africa,, and it seems prety tugh.. but it is not watre tight and the bloody battery cover keeps falling off.. a real pain!!!

so my verdict is spend a little more or try a diferent number.. and get a little better than the bushnell pin finder..

Bushnell 1000 scout......... £175 and has never let me down.

Leica is a good bit of kit but probably outdated now by rangefinder binos.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alycidon
    Leica is a good bit of kit but probably outdated now by rangefinder binos.

A
    I am not so sure, rangefinder binoculars are heavy. I lift my binís hundreds of times every stalk and the range finder might never be needed. The other thing is the warranty on the range finder part of your rangefinder binoculars is crap 5 years on Leica.

I had Bushnell range finder in the past it was supposed to range to 900 yrds, you were lucky to get a reading over 500. If Leica say rangers to 1200 yrds on the box, that is what it does.

Best rgds

Tahr

Range finders

Hi guys

I was all set to get a range finder, but was convinced by posts on the forum not to.

After several weeks of practicing range calculation everyday when I walk the dogs, im now still rubbish! - no not really, im getting better - im ok up to 300 yards in 50 yard increments, so thats good enough for a start in stalking I hope, and of course i'll only get better.

So the advice given to me to forget the range finder and spend the money on glass was I feel, correct.

Obviously quality bins with a range finding capability would be fine - but for the same cost of a new rifle i'll leave them for now. Lets face it, with a .243 im not shooting much past 200 yards anyway.

Daemon

Re: Lazer range finder

Quote Originally Posted by 1820
    Hi

I have a "Bushnel pin finder" lazer range finder.. I have draged it with me hunting in africa,, and it seems prety tugh.. but it is not watre tight and the bloody battery cover keeps falling off.. a real pain!!!

so my verdict is spend a little more or try a diferent number.. and get a little better than the bushnell pin finder..
    Is it the Bushnell pin seeker? If so it's designed for the golf course - you're better off with the Elite 1500 or the like, which is a bit more robust.