Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best bullet puller or method?

best bullet puller or method?

I have an rcbs kinnetic bullet puller and I've learned to crack the bullet seal on RG mil surplus by using the seating die to press it a touch further in before I give them a thump which works nicely. Then like most I stick a sporting head on and happy days away I go.

But doing this kind of pulling on loads of ammo is a killer, is there a better tool for the job than a kinnetic puller?

I use the RCBS die mounted collet puller, I started using this because there were some rounds that my kinetic hammer struggled with, I wouldn't say that either method is quick. atb Tim

I haven't tried the RCBS one but the Hornady cam-lock bullet puller works nicely.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    I haven't tried the RCBS one but the Hornady cam-lock bullet puller works nicely.
    Hornady collet puller is the best one in my opinion

Got them both, had to have an R.C.B.S. one, as Hornady strangely as producers of .17 cal bullets dont provide a .17 collet for theirs, both are good quality & the best way to dismantle ammunition.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Got them both, had to have an R.C.B.S. one, as Hornady strangely as producers of .17 cal bullets dont provide a .17 collet for theirs, both are good quality & the best way to dismantle ammunition.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=33188/Product/Hornady-Bullet-Puller-Collet

Very efficient puller.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

One collet type is probably as good as another. I have used an RCBS for a two+ decades with no problems.~Muir

(Inertia type suck. I've broken at least three!)

Couldn't find a .17 cal on Hornady's site or Midway's (from Hornady) when I looked, that's why I ordered the R.C.B.S one,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I use the RCBS die mounted collet puller, I started using this because there were some rounds that my kinetic hammer struggled with, I wouldn't say that either method is quick. atb Tim
    hi not wishing to hi jack but are these caliber specific ie 3 different calibers =3 pullers or 1 for all and can they be fit a lee press

You need the correct size collet to fit the die mounted puller, kinetic hammers usually come with a selection that will grip most calibres. as far as I know the thread on the RCBS Puller is interchangeable with the Lee. e.g. I have the RCBS puller mounted alongside the Lee die set and a Lyman powder dispenser in a Lyman turret press.atb Tim