Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong wind and driving rain AGAIN

Strong wind and driving rain AGAIN

Clients cancelled today, thats ok, they re-booked end of may. But thats a days pay lost now. I have to stand that (the weather makes it easier to stomach) but it doesn't pay my bills. 3 weeks now of this sort of weather, been self employed if everyone had cancelled I can always pay my bills with "good will" I suppose.
    So what can I do instead? Ring Mereside and put the high seats up.................Don't think so............Only sunday off in ages and the mother-in-law isn't cooking a roast today
    So go see mum instead.
    Need to charge my batteries and get my home life in order.(don't sound keen do i)
    Sorry just a rambling rant on a very wet and windy sunday.

the roast is nearly ready here ,may go and stoke a few rooks off there nests later as one of my permissions owner dont like em ,free stalking so you gotta keep em happy ,sorry about the cancellation you gotta keep the family on side though. sure wayne could be persueded out of that hammock !!!!

The wifes just come in from work carry shopping bags and is preparing the roast as we speak....pork.
    SWEET.

Do you give clients the option to cancel if the weather is bad? Or did they cancel on you,(if you get me)?

Its sunny weather here and I'm locked inside trying to revise..I'd prefer rain

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Do you give clients the option to cancel if the weather is bad? Or did they cancel on you,(if you get me)?

Its sunny weather here and I'm locked inside trying to revise..I'd prefer rain
    If the weather is so bad a litte of both.

enjoy the roast dinner, we will get those seats up soon.
    you have done really well lately to manage to get onto the deer with the weather we have had. i think what people dont realise how hard you all work in all weathers ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Clients cancelled today, thats ok, they re-booked end of may. But thats a days pay lost now. I have to stand that (the weather makes it easier to stomach) but it doesn't pay my bills. 3 weeks now of this sort of weather, been self employed if everyone had cancelled I can always pay my bills with "good will" I suppose.
    So what can I do instead? Ring Mereside and put the high seats up.................Don't think so............Only sunday off in ages and the mother-in-law isn't cooking a roast today
    So go see mum instead.
    Need to charge my batteries and get my home life in order.(don't sound keen do i)
    Sorry just a rambling rant on a very wet and windy sunday.

Weather the same down here Two clients over the weekend weather on Saturday, rain and wind and more rain and wind. This morning................. even more rain and wind.

Give the two clients their due, they turned up and although no deer were put in the larder, we saw both Fallow and Roe, but no shot, and the other guide (Ken) and the client had I think two chances on Roe Buck but had to be turned down as they were very nice 6 pointers.

Hope the weather improves soon, but the Fallow Buck season is just about over and then its Roe Buck only. Early mornings and late nights, roll on the real summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    the Fallow Buck season is just about over
    I have to get 4 prickets to feed a party. Just over 24 hours and the weather is rubbish

No staying in this end.

Put on the pro-hunter and wellies mate, get out the stainless + plastic rifle oh and the big hat as well.............................Good luck i'm looking right forward to my pork and will spare you a thought.
    regards john

we've now put in a boating lake,when your time is up a monkey bangs his symbols lol.