Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flowers fallow dont like

flowers fallow dont like

is there any flowers fallow dont like.

my father passed away recently and so i put a planter on his grave with some pansies in to brighten it up a bit, until we can get a head stone and it looks like somebody owns him. well i went out there this morning and the fallow have been over the hedge munched half the pansies and pulled up the rest. if i was succesful when stalking yesterday in the pouring rain i would of said thats just what i deserved but this seems to be rubbing salt in the wounds.

do they like or dislike marigolds as i know they repel some animals/insects

regards pj

We have had roe in our gardena few times, they had a go at most things including eucalyptus and pittasporum! two things which must taste pretty rank. They left the lupins alone so maybe they would be worth a try...

Lupins are actually quite poisonous so that might be why?

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    This is a good book with full lists of what deer don't seem to like.

Gardens and Deer: A Guide to Damage Limitation, Charles Coles, Good Book on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Lupins are actually quite poisonous so that might be why?
    Alex it did not stop the Red Deer trashing my mates fields in Devon also these Lupins was grown for Animal feed

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerboydy View Post
    Alex it did not stop the Red Deer trashing my mates fields in Devon also these Lupins was grown for Animal feed
    Oh

I guess they were an edible variant?

No experience of lupins and deer, but foxgloves are are also poisonous and grow untouched in my deer enclosure and in surrounding woodland and forestry where deer abound. Also now that I think of it, there are plenty of wild primroses in the woodland at this time of yearl. Both come in ornamental colours, as well as the standard wild purple (foxglove) and yellow (primrose), from garden centres.

Dama
    Last edited by Dama; 29-04-2012 at 16:30.

thank you. that should get me started. the field behind our church was up for sale a while ago with a sealed bid auction. we just missed out but that would have been the ultimate solution. high seat in the corner of the graveyard. visit dad and shoot all in one go

i like the book being damage limitation rather than deer proof. guess it shows i might be up against it
    Last edited by pj1; 29-04-2012 at 17:16.

Daffodils. The main drive through are deer park is full of daffs and there are some 300 deer including 80 fallow in it and they do not eat them but every thing gets eaten

Yup, Fox Slayer is right.

I dont know anything that eats Daffy's ... even the bunnies leave them alone.

I hadnt recognised it in the past but a previous poster is correct in saying wild primroses. One of our woods is full of them and now that I think of it the Roe never seem to touch them.

Good luck

CVK

Quote Originally Posted by fox slayer View Post
    Daffodils. The main drive through are deer park is full of daffs and there are some 300 deer including 80 fallow in it and they do not eat them but every thing gets eaten