lesson on the year

mo

lesson of the year....dont go 200 miles to your stalking lease and forget your bins! I did! it was a right ball ache!! Although I did manage to stalk two stags to within 40 yards so if they had been in season then job would have been a good un!

I think we have all been there.

I learned a new lesson yesterday. When shooting the .375H&H, wear more than just a T-Shirt¨!

On separate occasions I have forgotten:

Binos - agreed, very annoying. Now keep a backup pair in the truck!
Sticks - can improvise so not a total disaster
Magazine - could only load one shot at a time. Not a show stopper and actually did get a buck AND managed to reload with another round held between my fingers :D
Footwear - Muddy feet but the show must go on :lol:

Not forgotten bolt, ammo or rifle.... YET!

Alex

yeh I feel your pain, my first zeroing shot with my first .375 h&h was 300 gr mid load while in my fleece. That really thumped.... Used the slip as a recoil pad after that and made a new batch of rounds with quite a reduced charge I might add.

On the op I keep spare bins in the car at ALL times now!

ps:

took the wrong rifle red stalking once, had both rifles out in slips from the night before and put the wrong one back in the cabinet in it's slip. Wouldn't have minded but had the wrong ammo too and on a Sunday so couldn't even buy bullets to try for roe..... genius

Last edited:
lesson of the year....dont go 200 miles to your stalking lease and forget your bins! I did! it was a right ball ache!! Although I did manage to stalk two stags to within 40 yards so if they had been in season then job would have been a good un!

I tried to get you a pair of old Opticrons Mo, they would have been better than nothing but he was away in the caravan unfortunately.

Unlucky with the stags.

At least you remembered bullets unlike me.

Doh......................... yes I turned up 100 miles from home for a paid days stalking with rifle binos etc but wrong ammo :oops: :banghead:.

I tried to get you a pair of old Opticrons Mo, they would have been better than nothing but he was away in the caravan unfortunately.

Unlucky with the stags.

At least you remembered bullets unlike me.

not to worry mate, I appriciate your help anyway! good to know there are decent guys willing to help, thats what I like about this site!

once drove an hour to find I had two left boots having two pairs of same make and cleaned both night before :doh: walking a couple of miles with two left feet OUCH .bei9ng left handed made no differance.

think at some point we all forget something .i have left the binos picked up the wrong bullets ie not at the same time

easy done just a bit more hassle when your that distance from home!last year i travelled an hour to a wood for a dusk sortie with 308 only to find i had taken the pouch of 25/06 ammo,had a nice walk though and year before took the bolt for 22 instead of 308 again an hour away seen plenty of deer of course!!!

Before i go on a stalking trip . I have a check list of things i need to take on the back of the door .It has had me going back to the gunsafe to get my
magazine , binos .

chill

Back