Thread: X Bolt

X Bolt

Does anyone know if you get an X bolt stainless stalker with a floor plate magazine instead of a detachable one?

GT

Dont think so as all the models on the browning site quote a " detachable mag"

Do you think you may loose a detachable magazine GT? ATB Rich

Quote Originally Posted by 1995rs View Post
    Do you think you may loose a detachable magazine GT? ATB Rich
    I'm not so worried about that as i can pinch Schiehallion's when he's not looking. I just dont really like them and find it a faff taking one out of the chamber trying to put it back in the mag while holding the gun. Instead of opening the bolt and push it down. A detachable would be handy so i could have two mags for the way i shoot sometimes, then they could call me eight shots instead of two!!!

GT

Grouse

The rifle you are looking for is the Browning A-Bolt, the mag’ is attached to the floor plate and can be top loaded, so you have the advantages of a floor plate but can remove it on-block like a Detachable Magazine, and it is not made ofplastic.

ATB

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Grouse

The rifle you are looking for is the Browning A-Bolt, the mag’ is attached to the floor plate and can be top loaded, so you have the advantages of a floor plate but can remove it on-block like a Detachable Magazine, and it is not made ofplastic.

ATB

Tahr
    Whats the difference between an X BOLT and a A BOLT?
    GT

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse Track View Post
    Whats the difference between an X BOLT and a A BOLT?
    GT
    The two rifles look very similar in design, but the X-Bolt is actually a new design. Both use a three lug bolt design, the orientation of the bolts are slightly different and the size of the lugs are different also, but that will make no difference in use. There is an additional button on the side of the X-Bolt bolt to allow you to open the bolt while the safety remains on while on the A-Bolt you have to take the safety off to open the bolt.

The magazine on the X-Bolt is a rotary one made of plastic, while the A-Bolt has a steel mag’ that is like a removable internal floor plate mag’.

The trigger on the X-Bolt is more easily adjusted; the A-bolt trigger requires the replacement of a couple of springs these can be brought from Brownells for $12.

The X-Bolt is available with a fluted barrel if that is your thing.

As a mag’ for a stalking rifle I would say the A-Bolt one is perfect, double stack and you can’t lose it easily as it is fixed to the floor plate, you can as I have already said load from the top without removing it.

ATB

Tahr