Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dsc worries

dsc worries

Is the dsc getting any easier ?, i know of some real numnuts who have passed it in recent months!!!. I thought it was at the time a real acheivment to pass but these days im just wondering is it a guarenteed pass???? I would hope for the sake of our deer that its not the case, some of these recent candidates i dont think are capable to use a spud gun let alone a large c/f rifle just my thoughts

To be fair level 1 is like the driving test in some respects, there's a lot of boy racers that just shouldn't have a car

when i did mine i only thought there was 3 species of deer in uk, but on booking the course i swotted up like mad and out of 10 came top of class, some had been stalking 30 plus years.
    but before anyone gets on their high horse that was theory not in the field i know, and i,ve still only shot 4 to their hundreds.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

I would agree its to easy to many numties pass then think they are the best thing since sliced bread 300 + yard head shots etc etc, landowners see the dc1 + dc2 as proof people know what there doing when in fact from fac to dc1 dc2 can take weeks or months. you need years of knowledge to do what we do properly

i agree with that 100% in fact you are spot on 375mag

What else would you expect from a multiple choice test where all the questions and answers are readily available to all in notes and CD beforehand....

+1 they give you the answers before you sit the test !! Its the same with schools these days no proper tests

Bomb shell again ,it has never been hard no matter what you think or say, or what numb nuts has it a little light reading to at least open your eyes, to the needful and your more than half way there .

99% of it is common sense read a little listen a lot take a few notes its in the bag .

Then on to the level two,it is that easy you wont believe turn up and go stalking find and shoot something Gralloch it, don't shoot the AW he will write up what he See's job done . Any AW that tells you, you have failed it talking bilge, its not a pass or fail certificate, it is keeping to the industry standard so were all reading of the same page ,keep to best practice it is also in the bag.

All in all nothing you wont read in the DMQ guide or the Best Practice guide for both level one and two certificates .

Quote Originally Posted by 243fallow View Post
    Is the dsc getting any easier ?, i know of some real numnuts who have passed it in recent months!!!. I thought it was at the time a real acheivment to pass but these days im just wondering is it a guarenteed pass???? I would hope for the sake of our deer that its not the case, some of these recent candidates i dont think are capable to use a spud gun let alone a large c/f rifle just my thoughts
    Hi there,

DSCL1 is the industry standard in basic deer stalker training, but lets not forget that it isn't a 'requirement' or a compulsory test for deer stalkers. Whilst I totally understand your view, I am of the opinion that if somebody bothers to get off their backsides and do the training, then they must be pretty serious about it and actually 'want' to learn.

But as Paul says, some people shouldn't have a car after passing their tests.

A lot of those guilty of bad practice in deer stalking have probably picked up the bad habits from the people they have mixed with. Sadly.

Taking DSCL1 is at least a good start, and for every person who has done a course and taken the test, there are several more who haven't.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    I would agree its to easy to many numties pass then think they are the best thing since sliced bread 300 + yard head shots etc etc, landowners see the dc1 + dc2 as proof people know what there doing when in fact from fac to dc1 dc2 can take weeks or months. you need years of knowledge to do what we do properly
    spot on