Calling Reds

SA shooter

Good evening All
I'm very curious to know what method/callers do you fellow stalker use to call Red stags in the rut and If you guys could recommend one?
Thanks in advance
Werner

When I was young a lad I shared a bothy with could make a very realistic call using a metal two gallon garden watering can, would look a bit stupid walking around the hill with a watering can though.:rofl:

Neighbouring keeper put length of vacuum clean pipe to good use.

I use a conical 'bobbin' - the centre from a large cone of wool/ thread. Its cardboard - so dunked it in Smoothrite and hung to dry.

Survived two seasons now in good nick and very effective.

Still working on not feeling a bit of a pilchard doing it in front of clients ( especially if they giggle ):oops:

Neighbouring keeper put length of vacuum clean pipe to good use.

I use a conical 'bobbin' - the centre from a large cone of wool/ thread. Its cardboard - so dunked it in Smoothrite and hung to dry.

Survived two seasons now in good nick and very effective.

Still working on not feeling a bit of a pilchard doing it in front of clients ( especially if they giggle ):oops:

I'm booking a day doing that Andy. Got to be worth seeing you do that.

I find I get closest to getting it right when sitting on the toilet! If you google Grath Brothers they do a fantastic DVD on roaring Reds

GT

I find I get closest to getting it right when sitting on the toilet! If you google Grath Brothers they do a fantastic DVD on roaring Reds

GT
I know, I have heard you.
You must stop doing it in the bogs at Asda though. Its not conducive to a good shopping experience.
S.

Theres a stalker on the Inverness/Rosshire border that can imitate a roar almost perfectly with nothing but his hands shaped in front of his mouth:cool:... I try and try, but just cant master it....:confused:, I'll stick to my plastic pipe for now.

Back