Thread: 410 sxs suitable for a 12 year old (light!)

410 sxs suitable for a 12 year old (light!)

410 sxs suitable for a 12 year old (light!)
    I'm looking for a light 410 sxs for my daughter as she is ready to upgrade from her single barrel (which will be available in due course if a sxs appears!). No external hammers though!! too dangerous for little fingers!!
    oh and a short stock is not a problem

shame iv got a 3 shot norica short stock for sale pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by sika View Post
    shame iv got a 3 shot norica short stock for sale pm me if interested
    Hi Sika thanks for the offer but I really want something that breaks over her arm.

You'll struggle to find a sbs hammerless that is junior size and won't cost the earth mate! There's a couple of o/u's though. Lincoln, fabarm and webley are your best options. O/u will be slightly heavier, but with a .410 it is negligible. Heavier also means less recoil which is a real advantage. Cartridge choice is paramount! start with some 9 gram loads and then work up through 11g,14g 16g 18g.
    MS

right again MS even the hammer guns fetch a good price now . 410s can be a bit frustrating id try a 28 cut it down then as she grows put the stock back together

I've seen 3 sxs this year on guntrader all for between 150 and 200. I was just too late getting to them Last one was in Guisborough for 180.

Hi. I am in Leicester and I have a nice little side by side .410 boxlock non ejector. Bought it about 12 years ago for my kids to use. They showed zero interest in it and appart from the odd squirrel it has seen no action. If your interested and can put up with the trip down PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Hi. I am in Leicester and I have a nice little side by side .410 boxlock non ejector. Bought it about 12 years ago for my kids to use. They showed zero interest in it and appart from the odd squirrel it has seen no action. If your interested and can put up with the trip down PM me.
    pm'ing now