Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AW's ..... Ever had a bad one???

AW's ..... Ever had a bad one???

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a bad AW? ......... If so in what way?

Regards,

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Home | Jelen Deer Services

yes, always seems to be the one's you've got to pay for .

+ 1 high fees and wanted to stalk my land on his own one outing for each outing he accompanied me !

Told 4 over phone where to go before i finally found a man that did it for free all he wanted was written proof i had permission and he had permission to accompany me

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    yes, always seems to be the one's you've got to pay for .
    Do you mean that you have paid for them, and then you find out they are bad? ...... Or are they bad because you've had to pay for them?

If its the former, in what way were they bad?

Regards,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    + 1 high fees and wanted to stalk my land on his own one outing for each outing he accompanied me !

Told 4 over phone where to go before i finally found a man that did it for free all he wanted was written proof i had permission and he had permission to accompany me
    Hmmmmm ..... That sounds familiar!!!

I've had mine some time now but when it first came out people wanted silly money i hope things have changed !

Yes. First one was 140 to witness then 60 for the stalk then the cost of the carcass. As I was not performing the gralloch as he wanted (I was performing the gralloch in accordance with best practice as witnessed by the stalker who also accompanied us). Followed this up with one of the assessors who agreed my method was fine. This was subsequently proven by performing the gralloch in exactly the same way with subsequent (free!) AW's.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    Do you mean that you have paid for them, and then you find out they are bad? ...... Or are they bad because you've had to pay for them?

If its the former, in what way were they bad?

Regards,

Mike.
    To be honest Mike i never paid for my AW .But being a long standing AW that doesn't charge for my services at all or accept gifts .

I have at this moment three portfolios in my possession out of the three of them two have been paid for by "so called", providers to the deer industry the content is a disaster which wont pass water, never mind a IV or EV ,but they were charged top dollar for services, one guy has had 4 deer and 4 outings, but was told he hadn't done things correctly and must do another stalk he paid for three of the stalks but a gut shot deer wanst to count for an AW stalk. AYE RIGHT ROBBED at least dick turpin wore a mask

A load of bcllocks the AW only writes up what he See's, he isn't the yes or no, man .
    Last edited by widows son; 02-05-2012 at 18:41.

Yep i had a real cowboy who claimed to be a AW then wanted me to shoot a roe out of his car window on
    a country lane Then told me after i had legally killed a deer that he had fallen out with B.A.S.C and could
    not witness the stalk !