Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stuff just keeps going wrong. ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

stuff just keeps going wrong. ?

well things have gone from cr@p. to flipin cr@p.

the wifes car alternator went bang on Friday morning so 355, later.

my truck starter went bang today 186.40 later (not fixed yet)

then in the middle of tea tonight we where informed that my wifes grandad of 93 years passed away in a home,

He was a survivor of the Burma railway prisoners and served time in changi prison as well as other jungle prisons along the railway, went to war a 6' 2" 17 stone guardsman, came back a 7 stone hunched up shell of a man.but what a tough guy at heart,

Built his 1st and only home with his own hands, then Started his on business that is still going to this day in the Town,

RIP Grandad (I call him that out of respect.)

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Sorry to hear of your loss bobjs and I'm sure things will come good soon!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Try to stay positive Bob. Keep pushing through the s**t times and things WILL eventually get better mate.

Blog Entries
    cheers lads,

ill miss the old guy, used to sit on the beach eating cockles and muscles and a couple of beers while the ladies are shopping, he would tell me the same stories over and over again but i would never grow board of them, some horrid things those guys went through.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Grandad

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Try to stay positive Bob. Keep pushing through the s**t times and things WILL eventually get better mate.
    Those really were some tough guys. Sad to hear he's gone but what a great age. There not too many guys from that mold left and we really don't know how much they did for us. We should all salute our Granddad's.

Chin up Bob , things will get better..........grandpa sounds like he was a great man

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    Chin up Bob , things will get better..........grandpa sounds like he was a great man
    cheers bud.

He was a cracking bloke, told it as it was and love life and lived it as if every day was his last.

i can not forget when we where down in oz a few years ago when gran was still alive, We went to Aus for a holiday so he could meet his old prison mate Pete buckle and after the visit me and Eug went to play a round of golf at royal park golf club in Parkville Melbourne Australia,

Well we where on the 10 fairway when he had to take the golf cart off to the left on his own to take his second shot to the green,

when all of a sudden a loud voice with lots of expletives came towards me, and EUG had lost control of the cart and went down a small bank over some small trees and into a large bush, boy i **** myself.

i ran over and he was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes,, he was still laughing when he had to pay $120 damage for the front bumper and light, ill never forget it as long as i have breath in my lungs.

bob.

Chin up Bob, sorry to hear about "Grandad", 93 is a good innings though.

Neil.

Sorry to hear your news.

You may be able to get a starter for the Suzi at a breakers a lot cheaper than that, they're fairly easy to fit too if you're handy with a spanner.

Good luck, and remember things can only wrong for so long, they have to get better or they wouldn't be wrong just normal......

Sorry to hear of your loss.

We won't talk of the rip off of car bits prices .

Chin up lad.

All my Grandparents were gone by the time I was 8 years old so I missed a lot of time with them. Although dad was not captured he did the tour of the Far East, India, Burma, Malaya ending in Java not getting back the UK until 47. Yes it's hard to equate to some of the things they experienced and saw.

Will have to see if we can find the clipping he kept from "The Straight Times" of the man eating Tiger.