Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Exspensive Buck

A Very Exspensive Buck

I took a nice buck on Tuesday evening from an area that I have picked up recently. He appeared from no where, as they often do. After a swift assesment with the bins I barked at him to stop him perfectly broadside at about 120yards. A split second later the deed was done. He reacted well to the shot and staggered 10 yards into some cover where I saw him keel over and drop. Watching him for a couple of minutes there was no movement so I made my way over to him and found him dead where he fell. A very nice mature six pointer. I made light work of the gralloch and washed my hands in a nearby drainage dike. It was only then that I realised that my wedding ring was no longer on my finger!!! A frantic search in fading light proved fruitless and I called back in the day yesterday and had a good mooch about in the dike and surrounding area all to no avail. We are insured and a claim has gone in but these things are priceless. Does any body have a good metal detector to higher in the Doncaster area? He was another big bodied beast with a larder weight of 48Lbs.FM.

Hard luck Steve, you'll find it with a detector i'm sure.
    Get the dsc done mate, it'll tell you NOT to clean up in drainage dykes. LOL
    Only joking buddy.

Did the same thing years ago with the first buck I ever shot, wiped my hand on a stubble field and lost a ring my later wife bought for my birthday. I borrowed a metal detector and spent hours without any success, if I can contact the lad involved I'll pass on his details if he still has the detector, I hope you have better luck than I did.

I know a good bloke in Castleford with a detector,

I can ask him if he will travel or he will know someone more local.
    pm me more details

Just been to Fallowm,oor's this morning to drop a head for cleaning and pick one up he hs made a superb job of it too. DF

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Just been to Fallowm,oor's this morning to drop a head for cleaning and pick one up he hs made a superb job of it too. DF
    All my trophy prep work goes there now D.F. he did maybe 20 heads last year and has already got some from this season to do.
    Not one complaint.

I know just how it feels to lose your wedding ring, I only had mine for two weeks when i lost it.
    The must be someone in the area who can help, go back asap and put some pegs in.
    Best of luck, i hope it turns up, keep us posted.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

I'm sure if she loves you she will buy you another one

Now that your rifles are for sale...............

Stan

Stupid questions -
    1. Are you sure you had it on? (bedside table?)
    2. Could it have been taken off before hand? (4x4?)
    3. Check gralloch as well as site.
    4. Can you remember when you were last aware of it?

In the last year I have lost 4x4 keys (later found in small zip pocket I didnt know my jacket had...
    Lost phone clipped to belt - found at site of gralloch after retracing steps (3hrs)

I sympathise... hope your missus is as loving and forgiving as mine. Good luck with the search!

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I know a good bloke in Castleford with a detector,

I can ask him if he will travel or he will know someone more local.
    pm me more details
    Have spoken to him,
    he says he has a few people in that area willing to help.

Any search would have to be with the landowners permission. Any subsequent finds other than the ring would be subject to the usual rules - finders keepers unless it's inculcated in the treasure act.