Thread: Barrel screw cutting

Barrel screw cutting

I may need a rifle screw cutting soon which I've previously only had done by Norman Clark and (frankly) I thought it was a tad expensive (and a bit far to travel).

What is a reasonable price for screw cutting (5/8" x UNVF) and could anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Luton / Milton Keynes / Northampton / Peterborough / Cambridge area to do it?

Thanks.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Dolphin Rifles are in the area too I think.

I'm not in your area but for examples of price my local gun shop charges 60 and local rifle maker charges about 90, add postage if you can't deliver it

Chris Blackburn at ukgunworks is a good guy to deal with

Many thanks for all replies.

Just got to get the rifle now...
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

It's not just the cut, it is ensuring the crown is good. Pretty much anyone could wield a die and make a cut, but you don't want your pride and joy ruined for the sake of 20

Quote Originally Posted by thenose View Post
    It's not just the cut, it is ensuring the crown is good. Pretty much anyone could wield a die and make a cut, but you don't want your pride and joy ruined for the sake of 20
    ......and steer well clear of any one who is willing to thread it using a die!!!!!!!!