Thread: Spy point camera

Spy point camera

I have recieved my new sypoint camera last night in the post from bushwear (other retailers are available) seem alright. i set it up and had it in the garden last night and it seems to produce pretty good pictures and videos, i took it up to my permission and found a suitable area to mount it on . Found a nice tree giving my camera really good view along the ride where there is a lot of deer droppings. I will leave it there for a week or so and hopefully get good results. i have a 16gb sd card loaded in it so it will hopefully be filled!! fingers crossed.

Good luck - - It'll be interesting to see the results.

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Like security lights they work better if the "target" is crossing the sensor rather than going toward or away. Also bear in mind where the sun may come up as mine (stealthcam) doesn't like light going toward it, spoils the pictures or just get white-out.

I left one looking at a "pop hole"under under my deer fence for a few days....................

Cock pheasants, hen pheasants, badgers, Wild cat (cross) and a roe doe marching up and down the other side looking in!

They are great bits of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_guitar View Post
    I have recieved my new sypoint camera last night in the post from bushwear (other retailers are available) seem alright. i set it up and had it in the garden last night and it seems to produce pretty good pictures and videos, i took it up to my permission and found a suitable area to mount it on . Found a nice tree giving my camera really good view along the ride where there is a lot of deer droppings. I will leave it there for a week or so and hopefully get good results. i have a 16gb sd card loaded in it so it will hopefully be filled!! fingers crossed.
    look forward to see results of this cos i also got a spypoint ..............not used it yet

Couple of other points. I set mine to short (20 second) video clips as I've found they are more interesting and there is sound with video. Also, it's good to have a piece of soft packing to put behind the camera when mounting it on a fence post or tree. It avoids damaging the camera and makes it easier to make small adjustments to get the angle/direction right. A piece of pipe insulation cut down it's length is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by martinl View Post
    Wild cat (cross)
    What were the markings like..any rings on the tail?. Just curious.

fraser

Been thinking of investing in a trail cam for a while but have a few questions if anyone can help, do the spy point cameras time stamp the photo's, what results are you getting at night, is the ir any good and what's the night time detection range like?

Thanks