Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which pickup by size

Which pickup by size

Size wise. Which 4x4 pickups are smaller? You have a choice of models in every range. Many are far too big for my needs. Need an auto, four by four, crewcab but not a huge bus. Jim

a mitsubishi pajero short wheel based version. I had one you can get them for around 1000 tend to be autos. really good off road just be careful of the cam belt make sure its been changed or have it changed as mine snapped and whipped out the engine

My neighbour has the pujero. I am more interested in a pickup
    I am looking at Toyota but do the hilux sizes vary to any extent. I don't need a big beast. I loved my surf but too big for my wife to handle. Jim

Something like this?

Attachment 15155

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Joke if you wish. My father,a head keeper with Atholl had a mini moke as the estate vehicle and it went everywhere in the hill? Jim

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Something like this?

Attachment 15155

Limulus
    An absolutely brilliant reply like me you obviously have a great sense of humour. May I ask do they do them fitted with a winch.

Jimbo 123p

Have you thought of a Suzuki Jimney with a small trailer the Jimney will go anywhere a Landy will go and are cheap to run.

Kind regards Jimbo 30-06

I have a 54 plate hilux double cab, they're nothing like as bulky as the newest pickups, if you like your surf then why not, very reliable, and depending on what tyres you have, more economical than any other 4x4 pickup out there (assuming you go D4D rather than the 2.4lt turbo). Mine does the job perfectly, and I wouldn't be without it.
    Andy

[QUOTE=Jimbo 30 06;371411]Limulus
    An absolutely brilliant reply like me you obviously have a great sense of humour. May I ask do they do them fitted with a winch.
    Only when you have to recover them
    It's accuracy that kills.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I have a 54 plate hilux double cab, they're nothing like as bulky as the newest pickups, if you like your surf then why not, very reliable, and depending on what tyres you have, more economical than any other 4x4 pickup out there (assuming you go D4D rather than the 2.4lt turbo). Mine does the job perfectly, and I wouldn't be without it.
    Andy
    + 1 i have the same and love mine, Atb Andy

I have a Hilux extra cab on an 07 plate,they are quite long but i find it really nice to drive,don't knowhow the wife would find it!!!!good luck,cheers