Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone like rabbits? cheap food.

Anyone like rabbits? cheap food.

Hi. I have some ground with plenty rabbits which I need to make some impact on. I hate shooting them and wasting them, but the freezer is full of venison from earlier. If anyone local to rugby is interested drop me a pm. Shot with 22 normally in head but not always. I feed them to my dogs but they get a bit sick of them after a while and they don't keep in this mild weather. Just looking for a real small donation to go to ammo. Cheers.

have you not tried the local butchers ,it has gained some popularity lately and is pretty much in demand ,even at this time of year!

1.20 for paunched head shot rabbit by most gamedealers.
    80p if head shot un-paunched.

1.50 at mine.
    He can't get enough of them.
    He asked me not to bring more than 200 at a time!! not becasue he cant sell them but he cant be bothered skinning 200 at a time!

He sold 25 within 3 hours of opening this week

Thanks guys. I'll have a drive round our few local butchers. I'd be real happy to sell them at 1.20. When I was a kid I used to do a bit of ferreting and used to get 50p each. 1-20 if skinned and put on a tray and wrapped. How prices go up!

My game dealer is taking them 10 in a box a time. head shot and gutted, 1 each. 10 a box! magic!! if a shoot 100 rabbits a night its the cost of fuel and bullets easily covered!! win win for both parties!! hope you get something sorted.

I used to take my bunts to the local pub back in 2000 , he would make rabbit pie the locals loved it and i got 1 pint for 3 bunnys , he skinned them so that was even better, then i turned up with 60 and im still waiting on the drinks from him, tight arse publican wanting them for free,,, end of !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    I used to take my bunts to the local pub back in 2000 , he would make rabbit pie the locals loved it and i got 1 pint for 3 bunnys , he skinned them so that was even better, then i turned up with 60 and im still waiting on the drinks from him, tight arse publican wanting them for free,,, end of !!!!
    Classic case of cooking the golden goose, or rabbit in this case

If there is a local bird of prey centre close they would be glad of them. If you or your friends are interested in bop then it would work in everyone's favour

Keith

Only getting 50p a bunny here. Head shot but can be paunched or un paunched.