Freelander 2 Dog Box

Dan Newcombe

Getting a freelander 2 in a month or so time and planning to get a dog box.

Seen Trans K9 ones and pretty much set on them but then saw CAB are a couple of inches wider. Dont like the CAB as much but the extra space could be nice.

Does anyone have one in a freelander 2 and how many dogs do they fit in there, usually only need 2 but on some shoot days might be 4 (2 spaniels, 2 labs)

Any info gratefully recieved.

Had a look at the lintran but i don think they look as smart after a bit of use and sort of seem to stain.

Why dont you go and have a word with Denise and Chris at CAB. The service they provide is second to none and all there boxes can be custom made to any size you want within reason.

Yes I have a Freelander 2 and the Trans K9. I can't fault anything about it. We had a phone call after we had taken delivery to check that we were 100% happy with it too. Had it 18 months now and it's still like new and gets used every day. However, you aren't getting 2 labs and 2 spaniels in it! My lab and smallish springer fit in fine. Had an additional bigish cocker in it last week but it was a squeeze. If you want to get 2 labs and 2 spaniels in it, you're getting the wrong vehicle IMO. There is just enough room around the edge of the box for water bottles and the like. Sadly the Freelander 2 boot just isn't made for the 4 dogs that you mention.
The Trans K9 can justify the high price tag and they hold their value well too. I will buy one again when I change vehicle.

i have had a CAB since 2003 it is the best bit of kit you could wish for.i lost the drain plug & wanted some new rubber buffers for the doors. i saw them at last years CLA and they gave them to me FOC can't get better than that :D

I have a K9 box I have the backseats folded up I can get 4 labs in there quite comfortably, they do an extened length which is so much better,they are easy to clean,and my girls love it. I have taken the divieder out. My husband has a Lintran and perfers the K9

Why dont you go and have a word with Denise and Chris at CAB. The service they provide is second to none and all there boxes can be custom made to any size you want within reason.

+1 On that mine was worth every penny custom built and second to none.

Mark.:thumb:

We had a Port a Pet one made at 2/3 the width of the boot. This left some useful space at the side for kit. The most dogs we had in it were 2 spaniels and a lab. You could probably get another lab in but i wouldn't want them in like that for an extended journey. The Port a Pet ones aren't as nice as the K9 ones but are a lot cheaper and lighter so much easier to get in and out of the car.

Had it for a few weeks now and you are right the boot is not very big at all.

Day to day i have a spaniel and a lab and periodically 2 spaniels and 2 labs (even 3 and 2 once) but i wouldnt want them in there too long.

Overall the quality is really good and despite some pretty rough tracks and roads there hasnt been a single rattle from the box.

Chuffed with the box, wish the boot was bigger though

Hi,
A family member has the Freelander 2 and even if you get a box which utilises every spare inch of the boot space, you won't get the 4 dogs in there I'm afraid.
As far as Trans k9 and Lintran, theres nothing to choose between them. Have both and the quality can't be faulted and both are desireable in the second hand market. It comes down to whatever you like the look of.

Bob

Give Rob or Sharon a ring at TransK9 - ask them for advice! (they don't bite) or tell them any concerns you have. I have TransK9 boxes in all my vehicles and Rob built me a trailer back in the day!

Nice people with a cracking place.

Mike

Back