Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweden - November - Moose......Advice needed

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Sweden - November - Moose......Advice needed

All

Just received an invite to hunt moose in Sweden in November

Apparently I'll need a 6.5 Swede, or bigger, so will take the trusty .308, but can anyone advise on the best bullets to use?

Also, what will I need to do to take my .308 into Sweden (and hopefully back out)?

Any other hints, tips or advice?

As you can tell, never done this before (hunt moose or take my rifle to Sweden).

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

sweden is not an easy place to take firearms, there is a permit system.
    it can be done on line, i have just looked at my files and no longer have the links. your sponsor if hes swedish can get you them if not i can as i have x2 hunts there myself to organise.
    this is all i have now,
    Hi!

Here I send over some information regarding your application for permission to bring firearms and
    ammunition to Sweden.

The payment of 700 kr should be transferred to:

Postgiro 95 45 45-0
    IBAN nr SE 81 9500 0099 6034 0954 5450
    BIC kod NDEASESS, 105 71 Stockholm.

In accordance with Swedish law you must when you temporary import your weapon to Sweden put in your permission time in the European firearms pass.

When you arrive in Sweden you must contact the nearest police station and get your permission time written into your European firearms pass.

we tried to do it and had a 6 hour drive to the staition(it was at the beginning of our route) they said no one here can do it call back tomorrow. We all smiled into the cctv and drove the 6 hours to hunt. At least that way we could prove we tried to get it filled out.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 04-05-2012 at 15:47.

John

That's great, thank you for posting that info.

willie_gunn

Nice one mate

Not that lelous. Honest

Jon

Jon

Just wait until I tell Mrs W_G that, if I am lucky enough to shoot one, I want to get it shoulder-mounted.

Not only will I have to pay excess baggage but we'll have to move house

willie_gunn

Found this link on the net which explains the procedure and has links to the necessary forms:

http://www.tullverket.se/en/startpag...b80001027.html
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Jonathan

Thank you - I'll take a close look.

willie_gunn

found another email.
    If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Claudia Maly
    Administrator
    SWEDISH POLICE AUTHORITY
    +4610-5613612
    claudia.maly@polisen.se

you also need this.

You are now a registered user of Huntingregister.
    Amount 300 sek
    Date 1/5/2012
    Paid for huntig card 2011-2012, valid from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012

You must renew the payment for every season.

and found this
    I hope this will help you with information regarding bringing your guns to Sweden.

Best regards, Pontus

Import and export of weapons into and from Sweden.

The following text is an abridged translation of a text from www.tullverket.se (Swedish Customs Department).

Import of weapons and ammunition for the purpose of hunting (temporary use) The visitor shall well in advance before his arrival in Sweden have applied and got an import permit by the police at the place of import.

If the visitor comes from a country within EU, there shall also be a "European weapons passport", issued by the authorities in the home country of the visitor. This weapons passport shall have specifications describing the gun which is being imported.

When arriving in Sweden, the visitor shall report to the Customs Department at the place of import. He shall leave a "weapons declaration" (TV730.2), show his weapons passport and the import permit issued by Swedish police.

Exceptions: Visitors from Denmark, Finland and Norway does not need to have an import permit.

When arriving in Sweden the visitor shall report to the Customs Department at the place of import. He shall leave a "weapons declaration" (TV730.2) and show his weapons passport or weapons licence.

If the weapons declaration is done via Internet, the visitor does not have to go to the Customs at arrival. [To do the declaration via the internet, go to www.tullverket.se

Observe that in order to get an import permit by the Swedish police, the visitor must have a licence or similar in his home land for the weapon that he will be importing to Sweden. The visitor must also have an invitation to hunt by the arranger.

Export of weapon afterwards hunting When leaving the country, the visitor shall report to the Customs that the weapon is being exported. Also, the weapons declaration (TV730.2) shall be returned to the Customs. If the weapons declaration has been done via Internet, the export must be reported within 10 days after the time of export skall (only from Denmark, Finland and Norway).

Comments by Orra

1. Weapons declaration via the Internet is only open for persons living in Norway, Finland and Denmark who have weapons licence issued in any of those countries.

2. If you live outside Scandinavia: The application for the import permit is sent to the police at the place of import, for example the police at Arlanda airport (phone: 004684015311; postal address: Box 38, 190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden). To the application a written invitation by Orra to hunt shall be attached. A copy of the European weapons passport shall also be attached to the application. For persons outside EU a copy of the weapons licence shall be attached. If your country doesn't have the system of weapons licences, a shooting certificate shall be attached to the application. The application fee is 500SEK per person. You can apply to import several weapons per person.and permit. Application form If you want Orra to do the application, the cost is 1000SEK.

If there's anything you don't understand, please take contact with Orra or the Swedish police at the place of import.

Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 04-05-2012 at 16:01.

The .308 is a good calibre for älg. Use a premium bullet. I use Norma 180 grn.
    They have just tweaked the law on entering with firearms into Sweden. You must declare your weapon when entering Sweden.
    This has always been the case but many, when they arrive and there is no customs on duty don't bother. Landvetter airport, Göteborg do not have manned customs. The krauts have been flauting the rules when they come over the bridge from Denmark. A prison sentence if you don't declare

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    The .308 is a good calibre for älg. Use a premium bullet. I use Norma 180 grn.
    They have just tweaked the law on entering with firearms into Sweden. You must declare your weapon when entering Sweden.
    This has always been the case but many, when they arrive and there is no customs on duty don't bother. Landvetter airport, Göteborg do not have manned customs. The krauts have been flauting the rules when they come over the bridge from Denmark. A prison sentence if you don't declare
    Jagare

Thank you. All good information. If the customs is not manned, how do I declare the weapon??

I will likely fly to Arlanda, and then have to take a domestic flight to Östersund, after which it will be a car drive

willie_gunn