Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYNTHETIC

SYNTHETIC

Hi

Im looking for a left hand synthetic stainless (detach mag) in 243,can anyone recommend one ?,as most are right handed.
    Cheers Darren

You could alway get your local gunshop to order one in for you. I've got experiance with a Tikka T3 in .243 RH though but extremely pleased with it.

Tikka don't do left handed synthetic.

What about Sauer?

Hi Jason,

Sauer do left handed models of all their rifles for an extra 150 according to this web site http://www.faanderson.co.uk/Rifles/Sauer.html

I have had 2 synthetic stalking rifles - Ruger 0.223 stainless and a Sauer 202 0.243" Outback. I can recommend both. I wouldn't buy a wooden stock rifle now - easier to clean, less maintenance, lower expansion ratio and lighter than wood - only negative thing is they don't look as nice.

Willie

Bambi Basher

synthetic

Hi Darren

I know were they are a couple of left hand Tikka T3 in stainless/sythetic in 308, the guy might be able to get you a 243 if you ask and he charges the same as the right hand rifles.

I will pm you his number if you like.

B-b

Bambi Basher

Re: SYNTHETIC

Quote Originally Posted by darren
    Hi

Im looking for a left hand synthetic stainless (detach mag) in 243,can anyone recommend one ?,as most are right handed.
    Cheers Darren
    Darren I have found the link for you he has one.

http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/RIFLE%20PRICE%20LIST.pdf

B-b

Buy a Howa and save some money. From what ive heard the Sako/Tikka brand (Of which I have 3 Sakos) have got problems.
    The Howa is a fantastic rifle for the money, even better value than Tikka IMO.

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by caleiderscope
    From what ive heard the Sako/Tikka brand (Of which I have 3 Sakos) have got problems.
    Cal
    Please tell us more, what model, what problems etc?

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    To answer your original quwestion about left handed rifles....Tikka do now indeed do them left handed in most calibres and in s/s i have not heard any reports as to problems although quite a while back there was a report on an american site with pictures of a sako 75 s/s that had slightly self destructed, the details are vague and i can't remember what site is was.

You can also look at the savage range of rifles as they do lefties in most calibres as well and in s/s.
    There is an RWS titan6 on guntrader in left hand s/s
    Remington, sauer, heym, varberger, All do left handed rifles in 243 although these aren't available in s/s as a leftie.

Howa don't do left handers, shame though but don't be persuaded into buying a right handed weapon.

Dpending on your budget you could get something shipped in from the u.s as over there they recognise the fact that there are indeed a high percentage of us southpaws and alot of manufacturers do cater for us.

If you do settle on a tikka, check out the sportsmatch mounts that are available for it, If they're good enough for Accuracy international they should do the job, and at less money than optilocks.

steve