Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best 4x4

Best 4x4

Seems like most 4x4's have serious problems nowdays, Mitsi -Heads, Nissan Cranks etc.
    Whats happenned to Japanese reliability?
    Can any body recommend a reliable truck for approx 10K?

ford ranger not had any problems and I've had three over the years the only thing was a few back springs.But as I tow all the time on forest roads about 18000 miles a year think this ok and once you get after market ones fitted problem solved

Toyota Hilux Invincible.... nothing more to say really
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I think to say that certain makes are unreliable because of what is really a very small amount of breakdowns considering the amount of vehicle sold is a bit too sweeping a statement. I'm sure that if all the owners of the vehicles with reported faults that were satisfied were as noisy in their praise as the detractors are in their complaints then we would be spoilt for choice, smothered in reliable vehicles. There are undoubtedly production runs of various models that should be avoided but overall I don't think it's too dire.

Now watch 'em bite
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    id love a hilux, but i have a vitara thats 16 years old and i have only just replaced the starter motor with a second hand one for not a lot of cash, i paid 1500 for it 3 years ago and this was the second thing i had to replace, not bad for a truck with 112.000 on the clock,

goes anywhere i need to and some,

may i ask why 10K ? are you taking someone special/VIP out shooting
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    id love a hilux, but i have a vitara thats 16 years old and i have only just replaced the starter motor with a second hand one for not a lot of cash, i paid 1500 for it 3 years ago and this was the second thing i had to replace, not bad for a truck with 112.000 on the clock,

goes anywhere i need to and some,

may i ask why 10K ? are you taking someone special/VIP out shooting
    Needs to be reliable for long distance business use -however if the Queen or Prince phillip are in town -they are always welcome to come out with me -providing they bring the sandwiches
    Last edited by Sprocket1; 05-05-2012 at 09:43. Reason: smiley in wrong place

Patterdale.
    Ranger - Seems like a good bet, will start looking at the Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    I think to say that certain makes are unreliable because of what is really a very small amount of breakdowns considering the amount of vehicle sold is a bit too sweeping a statement. I'm sure that if all the owners of the vehicles with reported faults that were satisfied were as noisy in their praise as the detractors are in their complaints then we would be spoilt for choice, smothered in reliable vehicles. There are undoubtedly production runs of various models that should be avoided but overall I don't think it's too dire.

Now watch 'em bite
    Who mentioned any thing about De tractors? I was talking about DE 4x4's!
    You won't get me biting -too old in the Tooth for that (Or lack of them)

I have a 2003 model Suzuki Grandvitara XL7 ( seven seats available when required ) never let let me down and now has 145,000 on the clock and still going great .....also very comfortable on a long journey.....and you'll pick a 2005 model for half of what your planning to spend !