Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PMC Brass

PMC Brass

Anyone used it? Ive got some in 7-08 but have just been using lapua .308 turned etc.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I do. Quite a bit of it, actually. All of my 9.3x57 was formed from PMC 8x57. I also use it in 6.5x55, 30-30, and a variety of handgun calibers. Doesn't wear out easily, that's for sure.~Muir

I use it in .222, .308 and .270win. Its pretty good brass and was not expensive at the time. No longer available as PMC stopped production of civilian ammunition I am told. Certainly not in the stores here now.

Thanks for the replies,
    Where is it made?
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Oh yeah. Derrrr
    Cheers
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

It seems they still do sporting ammo just do not send it our way anymore.

Much of the rifle ammo is/was produced in the US, using the Korean drawn brass,in a plant outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. I was there in 2004 to evaluate some loading machinery and got to stroll down the production line. A remarkably small operation.

Don't knock the Korean origins of the brass. In 1985 there was a test done of randomly purchased un-primed brass and the quality/consistency was found to better Winchester, Federal, and Remington. The current offerings seem to be as good.~Muir

BK,

I recently reloaded 20 once fired PMC manufactured 7mm Rem Mag cases and based on this admittedly very limited experience I wouldn't go near the stuff again.

The brass was obtained from a friend that only shot factory ammo so I ended up with a couple of boxes of cases to reload. I reloaded them with a max load of R22 underneath 160 grn Accubonds. Of the batch of twenty I fired about 14 of which about six split to one degree or another just above or below the shoulder area. The last one I fired split all the way round the base of the neck leaving the neck portion in the chamber. I called it a day at that and have gone back to using my usual Norma manufactured Weatherby stamped brass.

Kind regards,

Tim

Tim have I understood this correctly, you reloaded previously untried (by you) cases to the maximum recommended load?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.