Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Deer Stalking make people so greedy about ground?

Why does Deer Stalking make people so greedy about ground?

as above is it just the grass is always greener the other side of the fence!

cheers

There's a finite amount of land (in reality its diminishing, due to development etc) and an increasing number of people interested in stalking. By having control of an area (the larger the better), the more you can properly manage the deer.

It's not only deer stalkers, Pigeon shooters are just the same. some people respect the fact that land is being shot by somebody else - but there are those that scavange land, but cannot manage it

It's the same with foxing land mate.

i know people that have got ground to shoot on and they don't shoot it and you ask them and the land owner say's no

It`s the same with ALL hunting permissions.

But stalking can really bring out the greed in some individuals. Money, greed and stalking go hand in hand

Same with cars as well. All those greedy folk driving cars around alone when they have 3 or 4 empty seats going spare.

i also find it hard to learn from people all i ask is to come along and learn with out a gun and alot of the time the answer is no but i have learnt alot from a gamekeeper and hope to learn alot more

Quote Originally Posted by chris .222 View Post
    i also find it hard to learn from people all i ask is to come along and learn with out a gun and alot of the time the answer is no but i have learnt alot from a gamekeeper and hope to learn alot more
    Hi Chris,

You are more than welcome to come down and accompany some of our guys in Hampshire. You will learn a great deal, and I'll make sure you get some good experience in the field. Let me know if you wish to take up the offer.

Regards,