Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is this LEGAL

is this LEGAL

your out stalking on your permmison , you come a cross a deer the bit of the land that your on is like a dogleg section and the bit of ground over the fence belongs to someone else but your still shooting on your ground the bullet is passing over there land but striking the deer on your land is it legal or not ,not done it was just wondering

Not legal. the moment you intentionally discharge your rifle for the bullet to pass over ground over which you don't have permission you have committed an offence.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Did you not ask the same question a couple of weeks ago? if not you someone did.

Not sure of the legality or not, but could see problems arising, IMO better not to.

thats a good question not sure about the legality i would say it wasn't the done thing

Not condoning the action by any means, but somebody else may own the land, but do they own the airspace????

Quote Originally Posted by roering View Post
    your out stalking on your permmison , you come a cross a deer the bit of the land that your on is like a dogleg section and the bit of ground over the fence belongs to someone else but your still shooting on your ground the bullet is passing over there land but striking the deer on your land is it legal or not ,not done it was just wondering
    This is a wind up surely? If not, what does common sense tell you because that is usually not too far from the law? Next you're going to be telling us that you already have an FAC!

And Chris .222, it's not a good question. Anyone with even the slightest idea of firearms will know the answer to this.
    Last edited by baguio; 05-05-2012 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    Not condoning the action by any means, but somebody else may own the land, but do they own the airspace????
    Yes.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

OK, just I didn't know that which is why I asked the question.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    This is a wind up surely? If not, what does common sense tell you because that is usually not too far from the law? Next you're going to be telling us that you already have an FAC!

And Chris .222, it's not a good question. Anyone with even the slightest idea of firearms will know the answer to this.
    It seemed like a decent enough question for the guy to ask. If he really didn't know, then better to ask it on here without the fear of being ridiculed, than to not know the answer. He already said it wasn't done, and I'm sure it was a theoretical question!!!! .......... Am I right Roering?)

Nor me which is why I said I was not sure of the legality, not condoning it and its certainly not etiquette but what you would do and what is legal are not always the same thing.