Do we need European Firearms Passport

gary

A group of us are travelling to SA this year.We are flying direct from Heathrow to Jo Burg, will we need to show European Firearms Passport ?

Gary

A group of us are travelling to SA this year.We are flying direct from Heathrow to Jo Burg, will we need to show European Firearms Passport ?

Gary

Not unless South Africa has joined the EEC recently!

There is a long South African Police form to complete and submit, along with copies of your UK FAC and your invitation letter from your PH / outfitter - we did ours a few weeks beforehand via our outfitters and sailed through the Jo'burg SAP office in 20 minutes

+1

Why would you need a EFP is you're not going or even transiting through Europe?

Your FAC is your home authority to possess and your outfitter should have sorted your permits and be be meeting you at the other end.

Thank's they are the answers I expected. One of our group was told by a guy who has travelled there are many occasions he has sometimes been asked at Heathrow to produce a EFP. All the other forms have been completed but I just thought i had better check.

Gary

The EFP's are free any way, might it be worth getting one just to make sure ?
Knowing some of the jobsworth's that are about.

Gary it might be as well to get your free EFP just in case you get diverted to another European airport upon your return - volcanic ash cloud etc etc. It might save a whole world of problems and there is no downside risk to having it.

Gary it might be as well to get your free EFP just in case you get diverted to another European airport upon your return - volcanic ash cloud etc etc. It might save a whole world of problems and there is no downside risk to having it.

+1 to that.

Back