Pulsar Nite Vision Scope Problem

Todhunter

We have a Pulsar N550 Digi sight which is excellent, however recently the crosshairs have moved off centre. It is still accurate but unfortunately they are not in the centre of the display. Has anybody had this trouble and does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

is that normal , or is the scope mounts out of true ? was thinking of buying one of these ! not so sure now !!

Are you saying the crosshairs have moved since you zeroed it or that you have just noticed that they are not in the middle of the display??

The Pulsar is not like an optical scope and as you adjust the crosshairs they will visibly move across the screen, if your mounts are not perfectly square then your zero point may well be off centre.

Anthony,
Thank you. it was perfectly central when previously zeroed, but I recently had to zero it and this occurred. Should I remount the scope and start again?

Thank you for your advice

Waggy,

Not withstanding the current problem with my Pulsar, I personally think they are very good for the money. It might be worth considering the doubler as well which gives much better magnification.

Anthony,
Thank you. it was perfectly central when previously zeroed, but I recently had to zero it and this occurred. Should I remount the scope and start again?

Thank you for your advice

I would say that if it used to OK, asuuming you haven't changed anything else, then you have a mounting problem.

I think the Pulsar still offers very good value for money considering the performance, I use mine with a doubler which improves the performance a lot.

is it the way it fits ? the quality of the lens ?the magnification, ? the price or what ?kind regards

Here is 1 fitted to the 1 i have just sold.
The lens gives a good magnification with a clearer picture.
As the lens is bigger and of better quality it does make a difference.

Daz

I take it thats the sony lens ?what makes that one better than the yukon, and by how much better ?

That's actually the way they work. The cross hairs move but the scope stays still. If you had to re-zero and the crosshairs are visibly off centre (moreso than they were) then it suggests that the scope or mounts have moved significantly in relation to the rifle. They will all be slightly off centre to a degree though, unless your particular rifle/mounts just happen to be dead centre.

I take it thats the sony lens ?what makes that one better than the yukon, and by how much better ?
If you research the doubler lenses available for the N550 you would know that yes it is the SONY lens.
Read my post again: The lens gives a good magnification with a clearer picture.
As the lens is bigger and of better quality it does make a difference.
Have you actually got an N550 or do you just like asking loads of questions???

i have just bought one as it happens and want to fit the best doubler on it for maximum effect, sorry if me asking loads of questions offends you !

yep tried that but wanted to no which one was the best and why from people who have used them over a period of time and had may be been able to compare them side by side, and it looks like i have fond someone on another fourum that has both !!!

Back