Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser r8

Blaser r8

Has anyone got any issues with the blaser r8?

Thinking of getting one.

Ys

Chris

I have one. I have used a lot of rifles. The R8 is the best hunting rifle ever made, for many reasons and represents a significant improvement over the R93. The price sucks, but if you get a few barrels they start to become far more price competitive. It would not be my first choice for a DGR.

Yes, I've got one, excellent quality, accuracy etc., but just make sure you put the trigger/mag in properly! Also, some reloaders don't like them because of the lack of a camming action when closing the bolt, I have not had a problem with this so far using Sako brass (7 reloads on 243, 3 reloads on 308). Bubble

Chris, please tell me that you are having a giraffe or this is tounge in cheek in order to wind someone up?

You already have a Steyr Scout, what is it, are you going for a cabinet full of novelty Christmas cracker rifles.

Get yourself up here and I'll give you an intensive course of Sako therapy to get you back on the straight and narrow.

Glyn.

too noisy on closing the bolt and your noisy enough anyway !!!
    regards norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    too noisy on closing the bolt and your noisy enough anyway !!!
    regards norma
    Take you hat off and cover the chamber, that does the trick.

I have the R93 as well as various "proper" rifles and both have thier unique qualities.. For the price they are now, I wouldn't bother. Go heym if you want straight pull and german or a R93. Or Lynx if you have 4k and really dont know what to do..

Well I'm happy with mine, it shoots very accurately both on the range and in the field, but do see if you can try one before you buy if you can.atb Tim

The R8 is nice and I've played with a few but can see no reason to change my R93 for one. I've seen a few deals on new R93s recently. So, unless you have to have the latest thing or have a specific requirement that the R93 can't fulfil it might make more financial sense to look at an R93 and spend the money you save on stalking.

he's got plenty of money and even more stalking let me tell you

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    he's got plenty of money and even more stalking let me tell you
    Oh well, if he isn't a pleb like me who has trouble making ends meet and can hardly pay for his stalking, never mind more rifles, I'd encourage him to go for an R8 as when he comes to sell it on maybe some of us poor people will get a good second hand bargain :-)

In saying that I'm still not keen on a trigger that drops out - what if you were to be shooting zombies or alien invaders and find the trigger falling out? So, I'd still encourage him to go for an R93 as us poor people need good quality second hand rifles that don't have bits drop off when faced with zombies.