Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Trigger adjustment on a Sako 85 (Finnlight)[/B]

[Trigger adjustment on a Sako 85 (Finnlight)[/B]

Having been under the impression that triggers on Finnlights aren't adjustable I've just read in the PDF on the rifle that it can be adjusted between 2 and 5lbs via a 5mm allen key. Has anyone done this and can it be down without removing the action? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've done a search and couldn't see it mentioned in any threads.
    A bone question, no doubt the answer to which will hopefully become apparent when I pick it up, but in the mean time I'm interested to find out if the trigger can be lightened a touch.

Cheers.

You've got it bad haven't you mate?

The sooner you get your mitts on that rifle the better I think!

Oh and yes, rest assured the trigger is adjustable and very fine it is too. You have to take it out the stock and ideally do it at a gunsmiths' that has trigger pull gauge and set it to a nice crisp 2lbs.

2 posts in a week is a probable give away, and the function of some time off work! Let's call it pleasant anticipation having taken the plunge! Shame I'm going to have to wait a lot longer until I can see how it performs on the deer.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by TASR12; 07-05-2012 at 14:16.

I've just done the trigger on my 85 and you can access the adjustment screw from the magazine well - didn't need to take the stock off. Easily done with the allen key supplied with the rifle. There's a stop on it to avoid setting the trigger too light.

As Harry said no need to take the action out of the stock, it's a piece of cake to do just follow the instructions that come with the rifle or that are available on the Sako website.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Spot on cheers. It sounded fairly simple on the website but I had heard otherwise.

+1 easy to do but im sure i had mine to take out of the stock as the screws in the front of the trigger but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    You've got it bad haven't you mate?

The sooner you get your mitts on that rifle the better I think!

Oh and yes, rest assured the trigger is adjustable and very fine it is too. You have to take it out the stock and ideally do it at a gunsmiths' that has trigger pull gauge and set it to a nice crisp 2lbs.
    Make yourself a trigger pull tester similar to mine out of a 7lb fishing balance.
    HWH.

You will love the Sako 85 finlite, may i ask what caliber you are getting ? Got mine in .30 06 as everyone has said easy to adjust the trigger, can be done by either taking the stock off or through the magazine well, both as easy as pie

I've got it in .308 and will be putting a Jet-Z Compact on the end. Intrigued to see how it shoots given how light it is.....