Choice of Moderator

Outback

Would like the opinions of folk who have the modern range of mods , I bought a T8 many years ago and it resides on a heavy barrel 22.250.
With the ears whistling like a turbine all the time I am looking to have one mod for the heavy barrel 300wm and the 22.250 so a short out front or over the barrel, the mod would have to be a 30cal magnum rated firstly.
I have no idea whats availible now days and I only want to buy once.
Look forwards to you opinions chaps .

Cheers

Yup. Had an Ase Utra and it outperformed anything else. It just imbalanced the gun too much, so I now use a P8

Get the new borelock brake & SL-7 sniper can from AU , its available in 30cal & 338 cal , the 30 is rated to 300WM .
Ase Utra

The can is SS

Thanks for your input , the Ase Utra seems to be the vote , a short out front would do ,the T8 has marked the 22 barrel with the rear bushing so not keen on this rub marking on the 300.
Sakotrg
The thirdeye tac will have to be investigated jobs for the boys gets my vote .

Cheers

Hi Outback
I had one made by jim baker, jim as started making moderators range of calibres and fittings,
I went to see him to test fired one and i must say the Sound reduction on my rifle(22-250) was ace
shine.gif
, i had a T8 on my rifle but this new one offers a lot better sound reduction.
It is made of stainless steel and is a sealed unit consisting of a series of welded baffles forward of the muzzle, with a large rear expansion chamber that sits over the barrel its powder coating on the out side , the powder coating can be done in any colours, jim said i could have a pink one
laugh.gif
but the best part it will not rust out
good.gif
, will not need cleaning
good.gif
and jim said the more i use it the quieter it will get.
shine.gif

Length x Diameter (mm): 280 x 40
Weight (grams): 600gr
Length in front of muzzle: 140mm
Length back over the barrel 140mm
give him a ring
Jim Baker Tel: (Mobile) 07733 043823
http://www.jimbakerbulletsnguns.co.uk

I am more than happy with my Third Eye Spartan. An excellent all around Mod` in my opinion. Light, compact and the internal Brake makes shooting my 30-06 AI a Doddle. Not had a sound meter on it but i find it no worse or better than any other Mod` i have witnessed in that respect.
British too :british:.

Yorkie.

Thanks gents for your advice , Mmmmmm is flame cutting a problem with the A-Tec ? me thinks may be a Ase- Utra .

ATB

Before you jump at one of the usual suspects speak to Bently at Riflecraft about the Hardy Gen III. You will not be dissapointed................

Don't forget the roedale stainless, 470 gram for the 5 baffle version. 7" long.
Many believe the stainless version of the delta is slightly quieter than the alu versions.
edi

Ase Ultra North Star, 7 3/4" long 4" overhang 700 grams. Stainless steel solid built to last.

+1 on the northstar.
it also does'nt have a back bush so
screw's on with no mark's on your barrel
atb
fbrad

+1 on the Ase Utra Jet Z Compact but as others say it does unbalance the rifle. Going to try an A-TEC on the new rifle.

Back