Thumbs up for WMP licensing

Cry Havoc

Last weekend I handed my application pack ( filled in) to my 2nd referee, a little over a week later I've just had a call from one of the FEO's and he's coming to see me tomorrow night. Now I know you hear the nightmare tales from West Mercia but I really can't knock that service. Fingers crossed they're as quick issuing my first FAC...!

I never even realised Solihull came under west mercia
I thought that was covered by west Mids
I think you are lucky to get such a quick response
And from knowledge about a fortnight from the meeting with the FEO is about norm
But I could be wrong
I hav been before

I never even realised Solihull came under west mercia
I thought that was covered by west Mids
I think you are lucky to get such a quick response
And from knowledge about a fortnight from the meeting with the FEO is about norm
But I could be wrong
I hav been before

You're right, it does come under West Mids, but West Mercia is the Neighbouring force and I know how long they take. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the team at Lloyd House are quicker.

You're right, it does come under West Mids, but West Mercia is the Neighbouring force and I know how long they take. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the team at Lloyd House are quicker.

Should be quick west mercia cover alot more area then west midland police. I think we should also bung Shropshire onto west midland firearm dept :lol: let them cover that area.

Two be fair me and my dad have had our 1 for 1 turned around in under a week. And the second time after the 1st one had a mistake on it.

Last edited:
Rumours are Warks and West Mercia are combining firearm licensing which is a huge shame as apparently the office and staff will be from the leg-iron that is West Mercia not the go faster racing whippet with extra go faster stripes and deluxe fluffy dice that is Warks...

Had visit tonight, all ok happy to give go ahead on five rifles and 500/600 rounds for each, it was even suggested that I may want to increase my hold total. Only issue at the moment apart form the CC's approval is the fact I didn't send in my land form in.. Der...! Fingers crossed.

Ahh
Mr green
Another tidy fella , luvs his beating and dogs

Next time go coterminous
It will be worth it in the long run

Ahh
Mr green
Another tidy fella , luvs his beating and dogs

Next time go coterminous
It will be worth it in the long run

Yes I planning to, I only renewed last year so my open is for an open ticket after four years, but we'll wait and see. First things first and all that. They are both nice guys and I've never had an issue with them.

How hav you got on??

Had a text from Bob earlier this week telling me he'd just finished the forms and would take 2-3 max. I've ordered a shiny new M03 Extreme with adjustable comb, now have to wait 14wks for it to arrive.

I'll be honest
I never knew it would ever take that long
I put in a variation about the same time you put in your application
I got my back last weekend
Never had that happen before
Turn around has always been a week for that or less
But then they are busier than ever and less FEO's
But fair play to Bob
He did sort it out so I got everything I needed

Good luck with the new toy when ever it arrives
ATB

Simon, certainly is and looking forward to Christening it, what rounds would you suggest?

Stone, I added to the time, forgot to send in my land form, then had to wait until I was at the range for my club signature, oh and Bob had the ordacity to have 2 wks holiday...!

Back