.25-06 Moderator

RichardP

I have just got my variation back for a Mod for my .25-06

Up to now i have read and looked for as much info as possible and it does seem very user specific on there favourite and seems
no clear "best out there".

My friend has just taken stock of his new .223 and has a T8 on his .270, but has spoke to Jackson Rifles who imports most?
and asked there advice on a mod for his .223 and was told a definitive " buy the Ase SL5" which he has done and is happy(even if it does
look some what strange being so small).

So im also thinking of a SL5 too.

Anybody had any good or bad things with the SL5...??

Thanks

Rich

Just put a Hardy Gen III from Riflecraft on my 25.06. New £285. Designed by New Zealand army armourers and apparently they are being sold to the british army now. Weighs bugger all so easy to carry all day and doesn't spoil the balance of the rifle. Seems very quiet too, took a buck on Saturday and the doe and fawn 30 yards away didn't bat an eyelid. Very pleased so far.

Thanks Chopper & David.

I have looked on the web at the Hardy and are hearing good things so far, have read so much problems with steel and
was hoping the Sl5 being made from Stainless would be a move from that..??..

Rich

..Anybody had any good or bad things with the SL5...

I like the AU-SL5's a lot. I had two, one is now sat at my RFD and is for sale as the 1/2 inch x 20 UNF thread doesn't match the new rifle I have bought. PM me if you are interested? Thanks JCS

Last edited:
Just put a Hardy Gen III from Riflecraft on my 25.06. New £285. Designed by New Zealand army armourers and apparently they are being sold to the british army now. Weighs bugger all so easy to carry all day and doesn't spoil the balance of the rifle. Seems very quiet too, took a buck on Saturday and the doe and fawn 30 yards away didn't bat an eyelid. Very pleased so far.

David

Do you notice a difference in the recoil with the Hardy..??

David

Do you notice a difference in the recoil with the Hardy..??

Yes recoil is reduced. Don't have a mass of moderator experience to compare it with to be able to say if it's any better or worse than other makes. It has a muzzle break arrangement around the exit hole which helps.

Put it this way. My 13 year old son fired it for the first time on Sunday and thought his .410 was worse. If you are interested speak to Bently at Riflecraft, he is a good lad and will bend over backwards to help you.

Back