mink hounds

Well that year soon came round the pack are back today for another look on the shoot should be good whatever the weather brings .
​cheers Norma

Excellent pal love to see and especially hear hounds at work. Hope you have a fantastic day post some pics if you would please.
Kind regards
Jimmy

Real nice day and nice unstuffy atmosphere starting with bacon rolls and tea at ours and back for cake and tea later .nice to have some friends old and new ( you know who you are :lol: ) with us .the hounds didn't manage anything this year but had some good hunting further down the river .....off my patch ! Nice to get involved with another Fieldsport but I don't think it's as addictive as stalking lol .
cheers
​norma

Last edited:
Good fun any hound or dog work, used to have the hounds on my shoot every year they were a strain left over from the otter hunting days but now on the mink. Last Sunday at the local farm with the terriers on the rats smoking them out great fun dogs worked brilliant.

I think the mink hound pack here in the north east are really struggling to find any scents, evidently blank meet after blank meet and they have a big territory. It seems that Otters have just about replaced/eradicated Mink on several river catchments so the essential ingredient for the Mink hounds is in very short supply. Good and bad I guess as I was told it was a great day out a few years back.

Must have been in the early 70's we lost all our water voles, thats when we knew we had mink. Now mink all but vanished and otters up, apparently otters will not tollerate mink on their patch. Haven't seen a mink for years.

D

Back