Thread: DSC versus Norwegian hunters test ??

DSC versus Norwegian hunters test ??

Hi Folks
    It has been a while since I posted on here due to me moving to Norway and giving up my Stalking but I have kept a very close eye on here and how life is going with all your stalking , and I must admit as time has gone by I really miss my stalking and my rifles and have decided to try and get back into it over here in Norway
    My first step over here is to be Registered on the Norwegian Hunters Register , In order to do this I either have to do the Norwegian Hunters test which is 30 hours theoretical and practical course followed by an exam (ALL IN NORWEGIAN) OR I have to prove to the Norwegian Register that I have done and passed an equivalent course in my home country so my question does anybody know if the DSC1 is an equivalent ? Or do I have to learn Norwegian very quickly
    All information greatly appreciated
    Karl

I would think that DSC 1 would allow you to hunt in Norway without having to take the Norwegian jegerprÝve. Don't quote me on this however! You would still need to pay a hunting licence each year to the government and the relevant local licences unless you know someone :-)
    Last edited by Border; 08-05-2012 at 16:47.

Google NJFF (Norwegians Jeger og Fiskerforbund) On their HomePage page, on the lett hand side, there's a list. At the bottom of the list it sats "in english please". Click this , it should give you sone idea, or at least a contact to enable you to find out. It's many years since I did mine I'm sure things have changed. I'm sure Johner of this site will know, he' s in Oslo I think.

Karl,

You dont need to do the Norwegian hunting exam (jegerprÝve) as you were hunting in the uk before moving to Norway.

You will however need to get a UK police check before you can purchase any firearms.

Before you can hunt you will need to pay the yearly hunting license (jegeravgift) and if you plan on hunting roe deer or above with a rifle you need to take a yearly shooting test which consists of 5 shots into the kill zone (30cm circle) of a roe deer at 100meters, you can do this standing, sitting or prone.

Just PM me if you have any more questions.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Yeah I have spoken to Johner and he has given me a lot of help and answers , Just thought I would see if anybody has had any experience with this as Johner actually did the hunters test but thinks I don't need to having hunted in the UK and having DSC1 but on the page you refer to they go on about minimum 30 hours and it has to be proved in writing and translated to Norwegian before you can attempt to try and register as a hunter .
    But thank you for all comments and help it is very much appreciated
    Karl

Hi Johner
    You beat me to it Sure I still have your number I will give you a call

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Karl,

You dont need to do the Norwegian hunting exam (jegerprÝve) as you were hunting in the uk before moving to Norway.

You will however need to get a UK police check before you can purchase any firearms.

Before you can hunt you will need to pay the yearly hunting license (jegeravgift) and if you plan on hunting roe deer or above with a rifle you need to take a yearly shooting test which consists of 5 shots into the kill zone (30cm circle) of a roe deer at 100meters, you can do this standing, sitting or prone.

Just PM me if you have any more questions.

I must add you are allowed NO shooting aids, prior to doing my test i was practicing off the bipod printing 1 hole groups,when i told the range master i was ready to shoot my test shots, he told me to remove the bipod or at least not use it, needless to say the target looked like i had fired a shotgun at it

Quote Originally Posted by bigtedzzr View Post
    Hi Johner
    You beat me to it Sure I still have your number I will give you a call
    Karl, Your more than welcome to give me a call, just Pm me if you dont have my number.

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    I must add you are allowed NO shooting aids, prior to doing my test i was practicing off the bipod printing 1 hole groups,when i told the range master i was ready to shoot my test shots, he told me to remove the bipod or at least not use it, needless to say the target looked like i had fired a shotgun at it

Heard an interesting story down the range a while back, an old guy was having trouble passing his shooting test so got his mate who was training next to him to shoot at the same time into his electronic target while the guy taking the test deliberately missed!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    To be fair it's not a real problem. Although you cant use sticks/ bipod or a bag, you can shoot it standing/sitting/kneeling or prone. 5 shots into the heart/lung area (unmarked) of a reindeer figure at 100m. Target size is ca. 30cm. I have mates who rattle of the hunting test standing in under a minute.
    Atb Toby

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    To be fair it's not a real problem. Although you cant use sticks/ bipod or a bag, you can shoot it standing/sitting/kneeling or prone. 5 shots into the heart/lung area (unmarked) of a reindeer figure at 100m. Target size is ca. 30cm. I have mates who rattle of the hunting test standing in under a minute.
    Atb Toby
    Before taking the test i had very rarely practiced without bipod.sticks,do now