Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahh Swarovski...See the unseen

Ahh Swarovski...See the unseen

Well gents,

Will someone please share my enthusiasm for the new Swarovski El 8,5x42’s I bought a few weeks ago?? ... cos my misses just doesn’t get the excitement nor understands why I take them everywhere now… they are from the wrong division of Swarovksi for her to get excited about she reckons

I first bought Minox HG 8,5 x 43 binoculars before passing my DSC1 in 2010 as used & recommended by many on here, but having now compared them side by side over a few weeks, I’m utterly blown away by the EL’s performance.

As my staking technique develops and gets ever so slightly better, I find my bino use has increased dramatically nowadays, especially as I have really slowed down to actually take in all that surrounds me and the end result is also improving because of this.
    That little flick of an Roe’s ear in cover, or a fox sneaking through a glade in the twilight doesn’t go amiss so much now.

During foxing hours is where the EL’s really seem to come into their own, the light gathering and picture quality is simply stunning, I find I can now often leave the lamp off til the last few seconds when switching over to my scope/rifle during tracking foxes and calling them in, even in the dark and on some of the not-so-clear nights.

I’m by no means knocking the Minox HG’s, for value they are very hard to beat, I’m also not trying to justify the price of the EL’s, it’s an individual choice but one I really wish I’d made before now.

Even the misses has to agree that “they are actually pretty clear aren’t they”…

I also picked up a few extra’s like the bino guard, the winged eye cup set & harness which all come together & make them into a very useable package. The new carry case is also very well made and the cleaning kit just tops it all off.

So one happy chappie, see the unseen eh !!!

Cheers
    Rb

You are preaching to the converted here. Wish I had bought mine years earlier!!!

Yep love my 10x32 swarovision el's - wouldn't be without em!
    Buy once - cry once!!
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

I just knew some fellow "brothers in optics" would share my enthusiasm

Cheers gents
    Rb

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post

Well gents,

Will someone please share my enthusiasm for the new Swarovski El 8,5x42’s I bought a few weeks ago?? ... cos my misses just doesn’t get the excitement nor understands why I take them everywhere now… they are from the wrong division of Swarovksi for her to get excited about she reckons

I first bought Minox HG 8,5 x 43 binoculars before passing my DSC1 in 2010 as used & recommended by many on here, but having now compared them side by side over a few weeks, I’m utterly blown away by the EL’s performance.

As my staking technique develops and gets ever so slightly better, I find my bino use has increased dramatically nowadays, especially as I have really slowed down to actually take in all that surrounds me and the end result is also improving because of this.
    That little flick of an Roe’s ear in cover, or a fox sneaking through a glade in the twilight doesn’t go amiss so much now.

During foxing hours is where the EL’s really seem to come into their own, the light gathering and picture quality is simply stunning, I find I can now often leave the lamp off til the last few seconds when switching over to my scope/rifle during tracking foxes and calling them in, even in the dark and on some of the not-so-clear nights.

I’m by no means knocking the Minox HG’s, for value they are very hard to beat, I’m also not trying to justify the price of the EL’s, it’s an individual choice but one I really wish I’d made before now.

Even the misses has to agree that “they are actually pretty clear aren’t they”…

I also picked up a few extra’s like the bino guard, the winged eye cup set & harness which all come together & make them into a very useable package. The new carry case is also very well made and the cleaning kit just tops it all off.

So one happy chappie, see the unseen eh !!!

Cheers
    Rb

Ah RB, Russian sniper has it right buy once cry once .

Really if the truth was to be told correctly the minox are crap ,a bit like buying Rolex or Timex both will tell you the time ,but you'll never make any money from a timex .

Sounds like a good lesson to those entering the stalking world buy once cry once, nice one daz

The wing cups are excellent one of the best buys I've had for Swarovski Accessories
    Last edited by widows son; 08-05-2012 at 20:30.

I bought a pair of 10x42EL's 12 years ago, I used them every day, when they weren't around my neck they were laying around in the truck or Gator.

I paid £740 for them. I sold them earlier this year to a good friend for £600, no doubt if I had put them on ebay I would have got a lot more.

So they cost me £11.66 a year and will no doubt serve their new owner very well for another 12 years!

Glyn.

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Sounds like a good lesson to those entering the stalking world buy once cry once, nice one daz
    Yep could be crying again soon - high end scope to go on the Blaser

Cheers Bob

ATB
    Daz
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Ah RB, Russian sniper has it right buy once cry once .

Really if the truth was to be told correctly the minox are crap ,a bit like buying Rolex or Timex both will tell you the time ,but you'll never make any money from a timex .

The wing cups are excellent one of the best buys I've had for Swarovski Accessories

Couldn't agree more WS,

I really should have held off and saved some extra pennies over a longer period of time rather than falling into the trap of rushing in and getting a mid priced set and not really knowing what i was missing.

I now realise the benefits/enjoyment of why so many members on here continually recommend the use of one of the big 3 optics and indeed "buy right, cry once", no matter how long it takes time to save or whatever, it'll be a worthwhile investment in the end.

P.S. - I haven't forgot to get in touch either, this North Sea gas leak debacle has scuppered some of my plans recently but will be in touch when I get home.

Cheers

Rb

You out at the Elgin rigboot ??

I've ad my el 10x42 for 6 or 7 years,yeah still find them amazing,optical quality of the highest standard,think I paid £869 for mine,it did hurt parting with the dosh at the time.