Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bipod for Sauer 202

Bipod for Sauer 202

I purchased a Sauer 202 Outback in 0.243" calibre as a replacement for my Browning A bolt about 3 years ago. While I think the Sauer is a much better rifle I miss not having a harris bipod on the gun. Does anyboby know if you can buy a bipod with a special fitment for the front end of the forend? I don't really want to drill holes in the forend if I can avoid it.

Willie

Does it not already have a stud for a sling loop?

Dave

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave

Dave
    The sauer studs are removable and are at the front of the fore end , so wont take a bipod,

In the past I've had to have studs fitted to the fore end to take the bipod, I havn't seen an adapter

HI Willi my mate has a 202 25-06 he has had to drill the stock and you guessed it he pulled the bipod and sling off in thick cover no such problem with the tikka ha ha now the sling is on the fore end front and no bipod

amberdog

Hi DevilishD,

As Bambislayer says the sling stud is on the front of the forend as shown in the picture below.

[img][/img]

Willie

Ps - thats my first attempt at posting a picture and it works. Wow the wonders of modern science and the help of an old posting by "tartinjock" a fellow countryman by the sound of it.

Callum @ PRS did mine. he put the stud on a "T" bedded into the fore end - no threads to come out, give him a shout for advice, he also did it on my old Mannlicher Pro.

Davie
    Willie you have purchased n my opinion one of the best tools for the deer stalker and if you get a hold of BUCK52 OFF HERE HE WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF AN ADABTOR I MADE/INVENTED FOR THE 202 SO THAT MY RIFLE WOULD NOT BE HARMED. WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO GET IS A NEW FRONT STUD A QUICK PHONE CALL TO SAUER SAYING I LOST MINE (A WHITE LIE ) AND A NEW ONE WAS AT MY DOOR FREE OF CHARGE.

Davie
    sORRY ALSO MENT TO SAY ITS WAS DISNGED FOR THE VERSAPOD.

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border

Re: Bipod for Sauer 202

Quote Originally Posted by Willie
    I purchased a Sauer 202 Outback in 0.243" calibre as a replacement for my Browning A bolt about 3 years ago. While I think the Sauer is a much better rifle I miss not having a harris bipod on the gun. Does anyboby know if you can buy a bipod with a special fitment for the front end of the forend? I don't really want to drill holes in the forend if I can avoid it.

Willie
    Willie, here you go, I didnt make it but if you give an engineer the pics I'm sure he could make one.