Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sinking Euro

Account Suspended

Sinking Euro

I see the Euro is continuing its steady fall and is sitting at 1.247 to the pound as I write. It was hovering around 1.15 to the pound up until not that long ago.

We're off to France in a fortnight, should we buy currency yet or what?

I think it might keep falling but I'm no expert.... what's the advice?

And... when will the discount come through to us shoppers for European products, over here?.... Or won't it?

I would hold off from buying any yet. Even if it does bounce back it won't be that quick.

I doubt we will ever see the discount, I have never known a retailer to lower prices when things get cheaper they only raise them when they get more expensive.

dammit! those Euros I have left over from last time are dropping in value as I watch just as well theres not many of them
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

just wait for Spain to crumble under the need for an ECB bailout package in the billions..you'll see sub 1 euro to the pound soon..

Perhaps the good old days will return - I remember changing 's in 2000 to buy something in Belgium at 1.6!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    just wait for Spain to crumble under the need for an ECB bailout package in the billions..you'll see sub 1 euro to the pound soon..
    By "fall" I meant... I'm hoping for more of them to the pound.... 2 Euros to the pound sounds fabulous to me... since I only import or spend abroad and don't export... but I'd even be happy with 1.5 Euros to the quid rather than the near parity of a few years back.

I imagine that rate could be pretty disasterous for most of our country's exporters though.

Oh yeah! and those farmer chappies (unlike me) who're addicted to single farm payment support... they get paid in pounds but the amount is calculated and fixed in Euros first... poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    2 Euros to the pound sounds fabulous to me...
    Me too - there are several European things on my wish list that would be much nicer at 1/3rd off.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    You wish, everytime euro zone is printing money to bail out, british do the same...

As we are going to France in a few weeks time we go online daily to check,
    trusting that the longer we leave it the more we will get.

robin you should get a better rate online looked today it was 1.213 to the pound,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports