Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human track through back country

Human track through back country

How long would it take for these tracks from where you have just walked to regrow, ie, when you have just walked through stinging nettles and long grass.

Regards jon

How long is a piece of string? Too many variables, age of plants, amount of damage, time of year etc.
    In spring, with not too much damage, a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    How long would it take for these tracks from where you have just walked to regrow, ie, when you have just walked through stinging nettles and long grass.

Regards jon
    The next year to have total regeneration on broken stems etc. If these have been walked for years you can have a look at google earth and see the ground depression ,but at ground level see no trackis pressent ,the power of satellite imagery

Beginning of April I rode the quad with trailer across a grass field, ground was hard at the time and only thing to see was flattened grass.
    Even after all the rain and the grass now nearly 12 inches taller you can see the outline of the tracks, and will be able to untill it is cut, or so the farmer tells me

Neil.

Hornet dont worry mate he wil only roll the ground with a 10 ton roller a few weeks before he cuts it should make you track seem a little pathetic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Beginning of April I rode the quad with trailer across a grass field, ground was hard at the time and only thing to see was flattened grass.
    Even after all the rain and the grass now nearly 12 inches taller you can see the outline of the tracks, and will be able to untill it is cut, or so the farmer tells me

Neil.
    so what! a few broken bits of grass and they go crazy, yet they let a herd of cattle and horses trumple massive holes in the ground so no human can travel across it without fear of breaking ankles or getting sucked into the myre!!. I heard of a chap who got kicked off his ground as a high paying tenant because he drove his landy across a grass field..JEEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    so what! a few broken bits of grass and they go crazy,
    Two large meadows actually, no animals at all, and the hay is cut by contract.
    It was ride across that or round his nature conservancy headlands, for which punishment is death or so he says (he was joking)
    We rent 6 lakes from the farmer, work needs to be done and travel with tools and supplies between lakes is going to happen, thankfully he does realise that.

Neil.

Lol cheers guys. I guess i hadn't fully explained. There is this old orchard that has fully over grown. Nettles, brambles, thistles you name it, it's there, apart from your quad bike ^^ There are deer tracks going in from the muddy field. There are little runs, maybe from all types of animals, and then there is human like disturbance, like steps. Just wondering how long this has been there for? So yes the thistles and stingers has broken stems. The broken stems have a withered look at the break. Only old rusty shottie shells and no prints.

Oh and the length of string is from the middle to the end, doubled ^^

Are you trying to work out how long ago you think that some had may of walked through there or just wondering if the vegetation will grow back ??