Introduction

Blackpowder

Hello from Blackpowder in the Scottish Borders, after a lifetime of shooting flying and running plus knocking off the occasional hoodie with a .22 I am about to purchase my first deer rifle. I shall not be following my shotgun choices when selecting a .243, my gan cabinet sports 3 shotguns whose combined age must be around 300years, Army and Navy Hammer gun owned since 1959, Robert Hughs BLNEwith Damascus barrels plus pride of place in a WR Pape box lock ejector. My stalking will be for the occasional roe deer on a farm where I am a member of a shooting syndicate, of course who knows wht will happen if the 'bug ' bites.
We shall see. When not toiling on well after retiral age to pay for these sporting activites, summer usually sees me on the bank of a salmon stream- strictly Association water mind you.

Cheers Blackpowder

hi,blackpowder welcome to the site,theres plenty of helpful lads on hand if you need any help.
you better watch out,this stalkings very addictive once you,ve done it a few times you,ll be hanging up the shotguns i know thats what happened to me :eek:
by the way i,m just back from a few days roe stalking up your way,lovely part of the country.
all the best,the scudd

Blackpowder said:
after a lifetime of shooting flying and running plus knocking off the occasional hoodie with a .22

My stalkings in the borders, you'll do just fine.

What was your job?? I picture you making repeated straffing runs down Berwick high street in a Spitfire trying to get the youths outside the off licence!

Thanks Scudd and Nix for your words of welcome. Nix I have been a Plumber and heating engineer, a charter boat operator and creel fisherman and back to and still plumbing.

Blackpowder

Good luck with the straffing by the way

Back