Thread: New Barrel for my pistol. 30-30 Winchester

New Barrel for my pistol. 30-30 Winchester

Traded for this today

Those are 170 grain Factory ammo with it. Bet it's going to kick.....~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Traded for this today

Those are 170 grain Factory ammo with it. Bet it's going to kick.....~Muir
    I'm going to pass on that bet
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I'm going to pass on that bet
    Oh yeah. It kicked. Not so much in recoil itself, but if you happened to get your fingers between the rest and the grip, or trigger guard, it hurt like hell. I have an old schrapnel wound in my left index finger that got solidly crunched between the pistol grip and the bench. Still hurts 4 hours later!~Muir

Never mind the fingers ........................................... how did it do on the target?

All heart me .

I only had 12 rounds of factory PMC 170 grain and open sights. Five of those I used zeroing the sights and two I let my friend try once I did. Of the five I shot for group, they gave a 25m, 1.8" group in fading light. With open sights that isn't too bad. If it were a .44 it would have looked like a darned nice group but being a 30 cal they gave the appearance of being scattered. I didn't even take the target home. I will be working cast bullet through this gun, exclusively so I really just wanted a zero. I think 180RN bullets at 1600 fps will knock deer around nicely.

My finger is better to day thanks. A real Mother Theresa you are.~Muir

Hi Muir,
    I had one in .35 Rem and it did kick but I took a pronghorn at 185 paces with a scope in 1993.
    I had to give up the frame to the english police when the pistol ownership ban happened in 1997, it was what made me leave forever the fascist/nanny UK (they ban everything they dont like).
    Martin
    Last edited by Bavarianbrit; 15-05-2012 at 14:55.

Nice bang-stick!
    They make barrels in 6.8SPC for that model too...but little chance of one in the UK sadly