Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Alternative to optilock ?

  1. #1

    Alternative to optilock ?

    Hi does anyone know any alternative cheeper mounts to the optilock for a sako 85 needs to be 30mm tube size

    Regards rich

  2. #2
    Don't go cheap lad you'll regret it in the long run. Buy a set of warne mounts. They are better in my opinion than the optilock.

    Spaceball

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceball View Post
    Don't go cheap lad you'll regret it in the long run. Buy a set of warne mounts. They are better in my opinion than the optilock.

    Spaceball
    good advice!

    I don't think however that warne mounts are the way to go, first they are split vertically and if the 85 is the same as the 75 with a tapered dovetail then they are constantly being forced apart with recoil, also when I have used Warne they have required serious reaming/lapping.

    Buy once cry once as the saying goes..

  4. #4
    I use burris z signature rings with inserts - not sure they do em for the sako though???
    http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html
    Last edited by DazT; 12-05-2012 at 10:37.
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

  5. #5
    "Smoke me a kipper - i'll be back for breakfast"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by news of the world View Post
    good advice!

    I don't think however that warne mounts are the way to go, first they are split vertically and if the 85 is the same as the 75 with a tapered dovetail then they are constantly being forced apart with recoil, also when I have used Warne they have required serious reaming/lapping
    Buy once cry once as the saying goes..

    From my own experience notw, I have had no problems with warne mounts as regards lapping/reaming. They served me very well on a few different sako rifles. On the other hand I have had problems with optilock mounts becoming loose and loss of zero on many occasions. I've found the screws very soft aswell.
    Atb
    Spaceball

  7. #7
    Don't go cheap and don't go nasty (Warne). Either stick with Optilocks which are very good or if you must reduce the cost fit weaver type blocks, the receiver is already drilled to take such mounts.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

  8. #8
    Burris also do a weaver adapter for sako. I have a set on my a1 and it allows a much greater choice of rings.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich h View Post
    Hi does anyone know any alternative cheeper mounts to the optilock for a sako 85 needs to be 30mm tube size

    Regards rich
    Rich. You could make me an offer for these: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...mm-rings-blued Regards JCS

  10. #10
    Your right to move away from optiloc's. They would be ok if the rear base was designed correctly and the ring could be fixed better, I could fill a large paragraph moan about them but i won't.
    I ended up fitting a roedale picattiny rail which has worked very well but may not be to your easthetic taste.

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Optilock sako bases and 1" medium optilock rings
    By Blitzking in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-10-2011, 09:16
  2. For Sale 1" / 25mm Optilock Blued Optilock Rings with Inserts
    By tartinjock in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-07-2011, 06:08
  3. VARGET alternative???
    By nell in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 28-07-2010, 22:12
  4. alternative to DSC
    By 1820 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-08-2009, 11:02
  5. venison alternative!!
    By duggers in forum Carcass Prep, Butchery & Recipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-05-2008, 21:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •