Alternative to optilock ?

Rich h

Hi does anyone know any alternative cheeper mounts to the optilock for a sako 85 needs to be 30mm tube size

Regards rich

Don't go cheap lad you'll regret it in the long run. Buy a set of warne mounts. They are better in my opinion than the optilock.

Spaceball

Don't go cheap lad you'll regret it in the long run. Buy a set of warne mounts. They are better in my opinion than the optilock.

Spaceball

good advice!

I don't think however that warne mounts are the way to go, first they are split vertically and if the 85 is the same as the 75 with a tapered dovetail then they are constantly being forced apart with recoil, also when I have used Warne they have required serious reaming/lapping.

Buy once cry once as the saying goes..

good advice!

I don't think however that warne mounts are the way to go, first they are split vertically and if the 85 is the same as the 75 with a tapered dovetail then they are constantly being forced apart with recoil, also when I have used Warne they have required serious reaming/lapping
Buy once cry once as the saying goes..

From my own experience notw, I have had no problems with warne mounts as regards lapping/reaming. They served me very well on a few different sako rifles. On the other hand I have had problems with optilock mounts becoming loose and loss of zero on many occasions. I've found the screws very soft aswell.
Atb
Spaceball

Don't go cheap and don't go nasty (Warne). Either stick with Optilocks which are very good or if you must reduce the cost fit weaver type blocks, the receiver is already drilled to take such mounts.

Burris also do a weaver adapter for sako. I have a set on my a1 and it allows a much greater choice of rings.

Your right to move away from optiloc's. They would be ok if the rear base was designed correctly and the ring could be fixed better, I could fill a large paragraph moan about them but i won't.
I ended up fitting a roedale picattiny rail which has worked very well but may not be to your easthetic taste.

Back