Ford Ranger.

Seen a few videos on the New Ford Ranger -Looks good to me but will need to wait a few years before I get one so that this initial value stabilises.
A mate of mine has the older version and gets on well with it.

Ive had a 57 plate Ford Ranger for nearly a year now' its been a great truck no probs fingers crossed. it does everthing i need in my day to day deer work
ATB.. Dave

What`s your opinions of the Ford Ranger?
Ta.
basil.

They are Good trucks, i drive them all the time had three so far and no problem, the only thing with the mark three you have to drop it into 4wd if you are reversing up hill or a heavy load to save clutch this only when towing and some time the back springs go but as I tow all the time on forestry roads but when you change them for after market ones(milliner 4x4 can supply reasonable price) there is no problem .When we change them they are well over 100 thousand and they spend 90% on forest roads towing, mind you there is not a lot between them and public roads in Argyll

we have the mazda same machine diffrent badge and cant fault . will get another when its time to upgrade

Have had my Ranger Thunder now for 3 years from new. Excellent motor IMO. Use mine off road a fair bit and can't fault it.

ATB wallace

always a bad egg.

we had 2 at work 05 and a 09 both spent more time in the ford garage than on the road working for us,

bob.

Really good truck, leaf springs will probably break at some point but apart from that really good.

I have heard of people getting terrible MPG but i was getting around 26 MPG .

If your going down the jap route the fords supposed to be the best of the bunch , don't buy a rodeo , know of 3 that needed engine crank replacement within first 30k . Hilux's look a bit mickey mouse
nowadays IMO

good motors , they get about well enough on town and country tyres , I abused one for along time including putting a ibc full of water in the back while towing two more in a trailer behind

had one for 2 years now had to replace the prop shaft and the clutch. And the clutch aint cheap But apart from that it has been a great motor with the abuse it has taken

I have a 54 plate ranger with good offroad tyres that i only use for the shooting. Theres very few places it cant go & its never let me down yet.

The only down side to it is the fuel consumption, which is terrible! :eek:

If your going down the jap route the fords supposed to be the best of the bunch , don't buy a rodeo , know of 3 that needed engine crank replacement within first 30k . Hilux's look a bit mickey mouse
nowadays IMO

I'd have to argue with you there fella :-|

291.jpg

Had 4' all great!

Also had many a hilux, ideally I'd go Toyota but price would push me to another ford if I was buying again!

I've had to replace leaf springs in both fords and toyota - all down to overloading on poor tracks!

Back