Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costs of Importing Trophy's

Costs of Importing Trophy's

Ive been quoted the following prices by one company

Can anybody with experience make a comment as to wether this represents good value and if any cost other than transportation to taxidermist is missing
    Customs clearance GBP50.00
    Prepare documents GBP10.00
    Public health 01-100 kilos = GBP60.00, 101-1000 kilos = GBP90.00
    Airport handling per kilo GBP0.018p min, GBP40.00
    BIP handling per kilo GBP0.09, min GBP125.00
    Transfer to BIP shed GBP0.07.5p min, GBP45.00
    Bond collection GBP0.06p, min GBP40.00
    Import VAT 5%
    Use of our customs vat account 2& of amt paid or min GBP10.00

Thanks

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Speak to Martin Aries at Rainbow Freight, I have always used him for my trophy imports from all over the world, and they are a well run outfit.

+1 with danpd have used Martin 6 times with no problems.

DavieH

Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Speak to Martin Aries at Rainbow Freight, I have always used him for my trophy imports from all over the world, and they are a well run outfit.

Thanks guys,

He had a call today

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I've got some taxidermy arriving from South Africa and being imported from a SA company. Do the costs laid out above apply?

Quote Originally Posted by rnjc View Post
    I've got some taxidermy arriving from South Africa and being imported from a SA company. Do the costs laid out above apply?
    Yes,

You will pay for your taxidermy, then the shipping company will collect your trophies. They will then crate the trophies and prepare all documentation for export. You then pay the shipping company their pound of flesh. On arrival in the UK the receiving shipping company will handle all importation paperwork and VAT/Duty they will normally arrange delivery to your house also, you will need to pay them as well.

Where are you expecting them from?
    I've couriered mounts around Europe.

My taxidermists is in Jo'burg so they've got a far way to come. I think i'll have them freighted by air and collect them from the airport. What's the process like when they land in this country?

which `taxidermist are you using?

if its Andre Van Rooyen, then you have nothing to worry about, they use a company called Safari Cargo Systems who are excellent. they work with Rainbow Freight over here, and everything will be taken care of.

To be honest you won't save anything by collecting the trophies yourself, the airport won't give you any time to dither about, once they have landed then they need to be processed and uplifted. the storage charges start racking up very quickly.

One thing that I got stung / caught out on was that they use VOLUMETRIC WEIGHT. My crate was like 60KGs but they billed for more like 200. So make sure you clarify especially if the quote has lots of per KG components as yours does.